Rissoles were a staple in our house when I was growing up and would appear on our dinner table at least once a week. This Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Rissoles recipe is based on the recipe my Mum used to (and still does!) make and is a hit with my kids.
These rissoles go well with everything from mashed potato and veggies, to salads and they are also great popped into a bread roll and turned into a burger too.
As the vegetables are finely grated, my kids don’t even notice that they are in there, which is especially important for my five year old who has recently decided he doesn’t like green veggies anymore – fun times!
These Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Rissoles are also freezer friendly too, simply pop them into a freezer friendly container (or bag) after you have rolled them and BEFORE coating them in flour.
For more simple and delicious family friendly recipes, make sure you grab a copy of our ‘A Month of Thermomix Dinners‘ eBook and our ‘Thermomix Family Dinners and Desserts‘ ebooks. You can shop our eBooks here.
Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 brown onion cut in half
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 grams olive oil plus extra for cooking
- 1 carrot cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chutney/tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- pinch salt and pepper
- 150 grams plain flour in a separate bowl for coating.
- Place the onion and garlic into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 3 seconds, speed 6 to grate.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the olive oil and cook for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the zucchini and carrot pieces and blitz for 4 seconds, speed 5 to grate. If there are still large pieces remaining, blitz for a further 3 seconds, speed 5 until finely grated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the mince, mixed herbs, chutney, BBQ sauce and egg to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4 to combine. Use your spatula to push the mince down towards the blades if needed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4 or until the mixture is well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and use your hands to bring them together before rolling in the flour.
- Place the rissoles into a frying pan with a little olive oil and cook for approximately 3 -4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.