This is one of my favourite recipes. It's so simple and yet it tastes great! It's got the same yummy flavours as a chicken parma, but in little bite sized meatballs! The mini size of these meatballs is perfect for kids too.
Sometimes I like to serve this chicken bites with pasta, but other times I make some oven baked wedges to go with them instead.
The Thermomix makes these easy chicken parma bites so incredibly easy. You simply blitz your bread into crumbs, add all of the meatball ingredients and mix together. It couldn't be easier.
I always cook these meatballs in the oven. You could of course steam them in the Varoma if you prefer - but I personally like the texture and flavour better when they're baked in the oven. While the meatballs are cooking, you can whip up your sauce in the Thermomix. Spoon the sauce over the top of the meatballs and pop the tray back into the oven for the final 10 minutes of cooking. Sprinkle over some grated cheese in the final 5 minutes.
Easy Chicken Parma Bites
- For the Meatballs:
- 120 g breadcrumbs
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 handful parsley
- pinch oregano leaves
- 500 g chicken breast, diced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- For the Tomato Sauce:
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 400 grams diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 20 g tomato paste
- 250 g water (add more if needed)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 125 g grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Place the stale bread into the TM Bowl and grate for 10 seconds on Speed 8. Set aside.
- Place the onion, parsley and oregano into the TM Bowl and chop for 6 seconds on Speed 7. Add to the breadcrumbs.
- Place the diced chicken breast into the TM Bowl and mince for 15-20 seconds on Speed 9.
- Add the breadcrumb, onion, oregano & parsley mixture to TM Bowl.
- Add the egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 3.5
- With wet hands form mixture into small meatballs and place into a greased baking dish.
- Place into the oven for 35 minutes.
- To make the tomato sauce, place the onion, garlic, parsley into the TM Bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl then add oil and sauté for 2 minutes at 100° on Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, dried oregano, raw sugar, salt & pepper to the TM Bowl.
- Cook on Varoma temperature on Speed 1 for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the bowl and pour it over the meatballs for the final 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Sprinkle over the cheese in the final 5 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or potatoes.