Making Zucchini Slice is such a breeze when you have a Thermomix. You can make a classic version by using ham or bacon, or you can go a little bit fancy and use prosciutto instead. Zucchini Slice is one of my favourite things to have for lunch. I always have heaps of it individually wrapped in the freezer so I can grab it out and reheat it for a quick and easy lunch. And as we all know, Zucchini Slice is quite possibly the best way ever to smuggle in some extra vegetables to your family's lunch or dinner!
- 100 grams cheddar cheese , grated (about 1 cup)
- 375 grams zucchini (about 2 zucchinis), grated
- 2 carrots , grated
- 1 onion , large, finely chopped
- 75 g prosciutto , finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams self raising flour (1 cup)
- 50 grams vegetable oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes , halved
- salt and peper to taste
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
- Cube cheddar cheese, place in the TM bowl and grate on 5 secs / speed 6. Set aside.
- Place zucchini, carrot, onion and prosciutto in the TM bowl and chop on speed 5 for 3-4 seconds.
- Add SR flour, oil, eggs and salt/pepper to the TM bowl and mix on speed 4 for 20 seconds.
- Add grated cheese and combine all ingredients on speed 3 for 30-40 seconds on reverse.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes into the top of the slice.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.