Those of you who have been reading our blog for a while, will know that Lauren and I are pretty big fans of Thermomix scrolls. And what's not to love? They're super easy to whip up (thanks to the fabulous Thermomix) and they taste so darn good.
We already have yummy recipes for Raspberry & Nutella Scrolls, Vegemite & Cheese Scrolls, Pizza Scrolls, and Ham & Cheese Scrolls (and if you haven't tried those versions you really, really need to!!! But these Thermomix Ham, Cheese & Mayo Scrolls are quite possibly my favourite version yet. I know.. big call!
If you've ever bought a ham, cheese and mayo twist from Baker's Delight you'll know how good the flavour combination is. If not, do yourself a favour and try it! The mayo gives the most beautiful, subtle flavour and complements the ham and cheese perfectly. Trust me, these scrolls will be a massive hit.
They're amazing straight out of the oven, but you can also freeze them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bags. This is a great way to have lunch ready on busy days (and we all know that they come around when your least expecting it!!!).
Thermomix Ham, Cheese and Mayo Scrolls
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Trays
- 150 g cheddar cheese
- 30 g butter softened
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 185 g milk
- 60 g (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 200 g ham shaved
- 2 tbs milk
- poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius (200 degrees if using fan-forced).
- Place the cheese (chopped into chunks) into the Thermomix and mix for 8 seconds, Speed 8. Set aside in a seperate bowl.
- Place the self raising flour and butter into the Thermomix bowl.Mix for 6 seconds, Speed 6.
- Add the milk and mix for 2 minutes on Interval/Kneading Function.
- Sprinkle extra flour over a board or bench. Add the dough and form into a ball.Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a 1cm thick long rectangle.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the dough.Lay the shaved ham over the top of the mayonnaise.Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Roll up the dough, starting from one side until you have a long tube.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 3cm slices.
- Place the slices cut side up on a baking tray (leave a small gap in between each scroll to allow for spreading).
- Brush the milk over the top and sides of the scrolls with a pastry brush.Sprinkle over the poppy seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden (and hollow sounding when tapped).
- Leave on a wire rack to cool and then place into an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- You can make our Thermomix ham and cheese scrolls using any of the Thermomix models.
- If you don't have self raising flour, you can make your own using plain flour and baking powder.
- Substitute the grated cheddar cheese for mozzarella, Swiss or any of your favourite varieties.
- Substitute the shaved ham for your favourite shaved/thinly sliced deli meat.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out.
- Make sure your board or bench is lightly coated in flour so that the dough doesn't stick.
- Store leftover scrolls at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serve warm or at room temperature (my favourite option is warm!)
- Freeze leftover scrolls for up to 3 months.
These are perfect for the kids and whole family to enjoy so delicious
Just found your recipe and excited to try it!! Just wondering, how come we don't use the kneading function on the TM? Would it matter if I did use it? Thanks in advance 🙂
You can use that function for sure!
Nicole Eakins says
These were super yummy. I used double smoked ham from the deli for extra flavour.
Just made these for morning tea.
Did pizza ones instead so tomato paste, herbs, bacon and cheese.
Delicious and super easy!
Lucy Mathieson says
Megan Rea says
Beautiful recipe! I had to use up some other ingredients such as ham, spinach and mushrooms and used seeded mustard as the base. Best dough recipe that I’ve tried. Thanks for sharing! Lunchbox snacks sorted! ??
Lauren Matheson says
Oh that sounds like such a delicious combination! Thanks so much for your lovely feedback xx
We made these this morning and they have been a huge hit with our 3 year old! Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
Lucy Mathieson says
Yay! Thank you for the lovely feedback!
Michael Hansen says
You can also do ham, cheese and pickle. Soo yummy. These would taste great, I used to be a baker.
Lucy Mathieson says
Made these this morning. So easy to make and super yummy. Hubby loved them. Bought the ebook last week. Beautiful recipes. Thankyou!! ?
Yay! So glad you enjoyed them!