If you’re looking for a good old fashioned pumpkin soup, you’ve come to the right place! Our recipe is super easy, healthy and the perfect winter comfort food.
The trick to getting this Thermomix Pumpkin Soup absolutely bursting with flavour is to roast the pumpkin first. Doing so is just going to make your soup taste a million times better!
Once the pumpkin pieces have been roasted, pop them into the Thermomix bowl and mix together with vegetable stock. Finally, heat the soup through with some cream (or milk) and serve with homemade crusty bread! YUM!!
Thermomix Pumpkin Soup
- 1 (approx 2kg) whole butternut pumpkin, chopped into large pieces with the seeds and skin removed
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- sea salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream (or milk)
- sour cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the chopped pumpkin and onion onto the baking tray. Season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Place the cooked pumpkin and onion into the Thermomix bowl and allow to cool slightly. Mix on Speed 6 for 10 seconds.
- Add half of the vegetable stock (2 cups) and mix on Speed 6 for 20 seconds. Repeat with the remaining 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Add the cream and heat on 80 degrees, 4 minutes, Reverse Speed 2.