A simple but delicious Thermomix Seafood Risotto recipe made with marinara mix. Great for an easy midweek meal that the whole family will love!
It's no secret that when it comes to family dinners, risotto is pretty much always at the top of my list! They're so easy to make in the Thermomix, taste great and they always get the tick of approval!
If you've been visiting ThermoBliss for a while, you might know that our Thermomix Garlic Prawn Risotto is one of my all-time favourite recipes. But like anything, it's good to change things up now and again!! And so, I switched the prawns for marinara mix and added some tomato paste... and voila! Our new Thermomix Seafood Risotto recipe is here!
You can buy marinara mix from the deli section of most supermarkets and it usually contains calamari, salmon, mussels, white fish fillets and prawns. It also has lots of parsley throughout so you get a beautiful flavour when it's cooked.
So next time you're after a quick and yummy family dinner, give our Thermomix Seafood Risotto a try!
For more yummy Thermomix risotto recipes, check these ones out!
Thermomix Seafood Risotto
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 3 garlic cloves
- 40 g butter
- 40 g olive oil
- 320 g arborio rice
- 60 g white wine
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 720 g water
- 100 g tomato paste
- 450 g marinara mix (see notes)
- 80 g cooking cream
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- extra parmesan, to serve
- Place the parmesan cheese into the Thermomix bowl. Grate on Speed 10, 10 seconds. Set aside in a seperate bowl. Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Place the onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl. Chop on Speed 5, 3 seconds.
- Add the butter and olive oil. Saute 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Insert the butterfly whisk. Add the risotto rice and saute for 1 minute, Varoma, Reverse, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Add the white wine and saute for a further 2 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Scrape the bottom of the bowl. Add the vegetable stock, water and tomato paste and cook for 13 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1.
- Add the marinara mix and cooking cream and cook for a further 3 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Add the baby spinach leaves to the ThermoServer and pour over the risotto. Stir through the parmesan cheese and allow to rest for 10 minutes (to thicken).
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.