There is no quick midweek dinner quite like an easy Thermomix egg & bacon quiche. It honestly takes no time at all and tastes amazing. We usually serve our quiche with steamed vegetables or a salad (depending on the weather!). And it makes the best leftovers for lunch the next day.
This recipe also freezes really well so it’s a great idea to make one on the weekend and freeze it in individual portions for a ‘grab and run’ lunch on the go. This is a really versatile recipe, so you can substitute the bacon for salami, add in a bit of feta, baby spinach or sundried tomatoes, or even use leftover roast chicken and corn. Yum!
I like to use a basic olive oil pastry for this recipe – which is incredibly simple to make in the Thermomix. But if you’re running short on time, you can always grab a pre-made pastry shell from the supermarket. Speaking of pastry!! Whenever I’m making pastry, I always make a couple of batches in one go and freeze the rest. That way there’s always pastry ready whenever I need it. Biggest time saver ever!
Oh and if you’d like your quiche to be a bit richer, you can use cream instead of milk. But to be honest, I always use light milk and it’s absolutely delicious.
- 1 X quantity Thermomix olive oil pastry (click here for the recipe)
- 200 g bacon , roughly chopped
- 150 g cheddar cheese
- 50 g parmesan cheese (or alternatively you can use a total of 200g cheddar cheese)
- 5 eggs
- 100 g milk (or cream)
- sea salt and pepper , to season
- Remove from the fridge and roll out to approximately 1 and 1/2 cm thick. Place into a well-greased 23cm loose bottomed quiche or tart tin.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Blind bake with pie weights or rice for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Reduce temperature to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place the bacon into the TM bowl.
- Chop for 4 seconds, Speed 4.
- Place the bacon into the bottom of the tart tin on top of the pastry.
- Place the cheddar and parmesan cheeses into the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds, Speed 4.
- Add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and mix for 20 seconds, Speed 2.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the bacon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.