Our famous Thermomix creamy chicken pies recipe with leek and bacon can now be made in the pie maker! The perfect snack or weeknight dinner.
Since our Thermomix Chicken & Leek Pie recipe hit Thermobliss last year, they've been so popular! And what's not to love? They're the perfect winter comfort food!
Buy while the original pies were baked in ramekins in the oven, I thought I'd re-do the recipe to make them suitable to be cooked in a pie maker. There's not too many changes to the original recipe... the sauce just needs to be slightly thicker and of course, there's more pastry involved (which is ALWAYS a good thing!).
I like to use shortcrust pastry on the bottom of my pies because it gives a beautiful solid base and a yummy crunch. But then on the top, I'm ALLLLL about flakey, delicious puff pastry! Yum!
I cooked these Thermomix Creamy Chicken Pies in my Kmart pie maker which makes 4 small-medium pies at a time. So all up, with this recipe, I made 16 pies. I know that the Sunbeam pie maker makes much larger pies, so you'll of course get less if you're using a bigger pie maker.
Once the pies are cooked, either eat them immediately or place into the fridge to cool and then freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Thermomix Creamy Chicken Pies
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150 g streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 30 g butter
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 120 g cooking cream (see notes)
- 2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 4 sheets defrosted puff pastry
- 4 sheets deforsted shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place the leeks, garlic and bacon into the Thermomix bowl. Chop on Speed 5, 3 seconds.
- Add the butter and saute for 5 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed Soft.
- Add the chopped chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed Soft.
- Add the cooking cream and chicken stock and cook for 20 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed Soft. With 2 minutes remaining, add 2 tbs cornflour (dissolved in a little cold water) and continue to cook. The cornflour will help to thicken the mixture (see notes).
- Cut 16 circles (4 from each sheet of pastry) from the shortcrust pastry sheets. Cut 16 slightly smaller circles (4 from each sheet) from the puff pastry. (see notes).
- Place 4 of the shortcrust pastry circles onto the base of the pie maker sections. Top with chicken filling (⅔ full). Add a puff pastry circle over the top and brush lightly with the egg.
- Cook until golden brown.