It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I’ve been having so much fun over the past few weeks experimenting and converting my favourite Christmas recipes.
These Thermomix Christmas Peppermint Cheesecake Balls make a great gift for teachers, friends and family as well as being the perfect dessert to take along to a Christmas party.
There are a couple of tricks to making these, firstly you need to make sure your cheesecake balls are quite solid before dipping them into the chocolate, otherwise they will fall apart. Also, I find poking a skewer into the base of these balls makes it super easy to dip them into the melted chocolate.
Thermomix Peppermint Christmas Cheesecake BallsPrint Pin Rate
- 200 g pack of Chocolate Mint Slice Biscuits
- 250 g of cream cheese – softened
- 200 g of milk chocolate
- 16 red smarties
- 16 peppermint leaf lollies
- Line a baking tray (or plate) with baking paper and set aside until needed.
- Place the Mint Slice Biscuits in Thermomix bowl and blitz for 5 seconds on speed 7.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the bowl with the crushed Mint Slice biscuits and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 5 until combined – it may take a little longer if your cream cheese isn’t completely soft.
- Roll the mixture into balls (I made mine dessert spoon sized) and place onto a tray. Continue until all the mixture has been used.
- Place the mint cheesecake balls into the freezer for a minimum of half an hour - you want the balls to be very firm.
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl to melt. I cook the chocolate for 30 second spurts until it’s almost melted and then mix until it’s completely melted.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and poke a skewer into the bottom of the balls and dip them in the melted chocolate. Place on a wire rack to set. Repeat until all the balls are coated.
- While the chocolate is still soft, decorate the balls by placing placing a red smart and a peppermint leaf which has been cut in half on either side to create a cute holly leaf.
- Put the balls back into the freezer for half an hour, or until the milk chocolate has set.