This Thermomix Zucchini, Pea and Bacon Risotto is a simple and budget friendly dinner recipe that makes a great weeknight meal. Best of all, you can be enjoying this delicious risotto in just 30 minutes!
This family friendly risotto recipe was created based on pantry staples, making it a budget friendly dinner recipe. While I have used water rather than white wine, it is still packed with flavour and you can certainly substitute 200 grams of the water with wine if you prefer.
You will love:
Packed with flavour - you will love the combination of bacon, garlic, onion and zucchini.
Quick to prepare - this easy Thermomix risotto recipe can be ready in around 30 minutes, making it a great midweek meal!
Freezer friendly - place into a freezer safe container and freeze for up to three months.
Meat free - you can omit the bacon and substitute with more zucchini or peas if you prefer.
Please note you will find the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Arborio Rice
- Brown Onion
- Garlic Cloves - minced garlic can also be used.
- Stock Paste
- Peas - use either fresh or frozen
- Bacon - we prefer to use short cut bacon
- Parmesan Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Water - wine can also be used.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Grate the parmesan cheese and set aside until needed.
Step 2. Place the zucchini into the Thermomix bowl and mix until grated. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
Step 3. Add the bacon, brown onion and garlic and mix. Add the olive oil and cook.
Step 4. Insert the butterfly attachment and add the arborio rice. Mix to coat the rice with the other ingredients.
Step 5. Add the grated zucchini, stock and water and cook.
Step 6. Add the peas and cook until the rice is cooked through.
Step 7. Transfer the risotto to a Thermoserver and add the grated parmesan cheese. Carefully stir through and let the risotto rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Hints and Tips
It is essential to use Arborio Rice when making this recipe, the risotto will have a different texture if you use any other type of varieties.
Substitute 200grams of water with white wine if you wish.
There is no need to remove the excess liquid from the zucchini after grating.
Either fresh or frozen peas can be used.
If you don't have a Thermoserver, simply transfer to a separate container or you can even add the parmesan cheese to the Thermomix bowl.
This recipe is best consumed when made, however it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 - 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
The biggest mistake you can make when cooking risotto is to overcook it. Luckily that is practically impossible to do when making in a Thermomix!
Although you can freeze risotto, the texture does slightly change when thawed. For best results consume within a day or two of making.
More easy Thermomix Risotto recipes:
- Top 10 Thermomix Risotto Recipes
- Thermomix Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- Thermomix Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Thermomix Pumpkin Risotto
- Thermomix Bacon and Tomato Risotto
Looking for even more?
You can find simple and delicious Thermomix dinner recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the range here.
Thermomix Zucchini, Pea and Bacon Risotto
- 90 grams brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 g parmesan cheese
- 40 g olive oil
- 320 g arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 100 grams bacon
- 1 cup peas frozen or fresh
- 100 grams zucchini
- 780 g water
- Place the parmesan cheese into your Thermomix bowl and grate it for 12 seconds on speed 10. Pour it into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Chop the zucchini into large chunks and place in bowl. Chop for 10 seconds on speed 5 or until grated into small pieces. Pour into a separate bowl and set aside until needed Clean and dry your Thermomix bowl.
- Place the brown onion, bacon and clover of garlic into the bowl and chop for 4 seconds on speed 5 before scraping down the sides.
- Add the butter and olive oil and cook for 3 minutes, 120 degrees speed 1 - REVERSE.
- Insert the Butterfly Whisk into the bowl ad add the arborio rice and cook for a further 1 minute, 120 degrees, speed 1.5 REVERSE without the measuring cup in place. Scrape the sides and base of the bowl once finished cooking.
- Add 60g of water and the zucchini before cooking for 2 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.5 REVERSE again without the measuring cup. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with your spatula.
- Add the stock and water and cook for 12 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1.5 REVERSE with the simmer basket on top of the lid instead of the measuring cup.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a further 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.5 REVERSE.
- Carefully pour the cooked risotto into a Thermomserver before mixing through the parmesan cheese.