My Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Pasta Bake is perfect if you need to feed a crowd!
This Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Pasta Bake is one of my go to recipes whenever I'm looking for an easy and delicious meal which will feed our family. I love it because I can make it in advance and store in the freezer, but also because it's a great way to use up any leftover veggies and I can modify the veggies I used based on our preferences.
This recipe is also a great meal to make for friends or family, as let's face it, you really can't go wrong with a pasta bake! The addition of the cheese sauce helps to give the pasta bake a delicious flavour and if you are big cheese fans like us, you can also pop some grated mozzarella cheese over the top of the pasta bake before popping it into the oven - yum!
If you are looking for more family friendly meal ideas, make sure you check out our 'Month of Thermomix Dinners' and 'Thermomix Dinners and Desserts' eBooks.
Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 1 x large baking tray
- 300 grams spiral pasta
- 500 grams beef mince
- 100 grams short cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams olive oil
- 80 grams brown onion cut in half
- 80 grams zucchini cut into 3cm cubes
- 60 grams carrot cut into 3cm cubes
- 50 grams sweet potato peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 800 grams crushed tomatoes
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 100 grams water
- 30 grams butter
- 20 grams plain flour
- 250 grams milk
- 100 grams tasty cheese cut into 3cm cubes
- 25 grams parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the garlic, short cut bacon and brown onion into your Thermomix bowl. Blitz for 4 sec, sp 5
- Add the olive oil and cook for 3 mins, varoma temp, speed 2..
- Add the zucchini, carrot and sweet potato and blitz for 4 sec, speed 5. Blitz for longer if you want it finer
- Add the crushed tomatoes, mixed herbs, water and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes, varoma temp, speed 2.
- Place the beef mince into the steaming basket and break up with your spatula. Gently and carefully pop it into the TM bowl and cook for 8 mins, varoma temp, speed 3 REVERSE. At the 8 min mark, gently stir mince and cook for another 4 mins (or longer until it's cooked through) on varoma temp, speed 3 Reverse.
- Carefully remove the basket from the TM bowl and place into your Thermoserver. Add the sauce and stir to combine. Set aside until needed.
- Cook the spiral pasta as per the packet instructions. Drain and place the cooked pasta into a large oven safe baking dish.
- To make the cheese sauce, place the cubed pieces of the tasty and parmesan cheese into a clean Thermomix bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 10 or until finely grated.
- Add the butter, plain flour, milk, nutmeg and salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and cook for 7 minutes at 80 degrees on speed 4.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and pour the meat sauce over the top of the cooked pasta and stir through.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top of the pasta mixture and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.