I’ve been making this Passionfruit Slice for years, so it only seemed right to try making it in my Thermomix and I certainly wasn’t disappointed! This Thermomix Passionfruit Slice recipe is so easy to make and is the perfect summer slice to take along to your next BBQ.
When making this Thermomix Passionfruit Slice, don’t be too concerned that the biscuit base is very crumbly when you pour it into your baking tray. As long as you press it firmly down into the tin, it will come together perfectly once baked.
Thermomix Passionfruit Slice
- 150 g of self raising flour
- 85 g of desiccated coconut
- 115 g of caster sugar
- 100 g of butter- melted
- 1 & 1/2 cans of condensed milk (approximately 580g)
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice
- Pulp from three passionfruits
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 28x18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 2 or until the butter has melted.
- Add the self raising flour, desiccated coconut and caster sugar to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 - scrape down the sides of you bowl half way through the mixing time.
- Pour the contents of your Thermomix bowl into your prepared baking tray (don't worry it will be crumbly) and press down with a spoon to flatten the surface.
- Place the baking tray into your oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce the temperature of your oven to 150 degrees.
- Put the condensed milk, passionfruit pulp and lemon juice into a clean Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE before pouring pouring the mixture over the top of your cooked Passionfruit Slice base.
- Put the Passionfruit Slice into the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until it is firm to the touch. Place the cooked slice into the fridge for 2 - 3 hours to allow it to cool completely before cutting into squares.