Our classic hummus recipe is one of my all-time favourites... but this Thermomix Roasted Pumpkin Dip is even better! I know that's a huge call, but seriously - this is SO good!
Our classic hummus recipe is so simple - and this modified version involves just a couple of extra steps. But don't worry - it's still super easy!
To make our Thermomix Roasted Pumpkin Dip, you'll need 200g roasted pumpkin. I often make this dip with my leftover roast pumpkin veggies.
Then it's simply a matter of preparing our classic hummus dip, adding the roasted pumpkin and a pinch of cumin or Moroccan seasoning. For an extra delicious twist, sprinkle over a little dukkah and serve immediately.
Enjoy with veggie sticks, crackers or Turkish bread!
- 1 clove garlic , small
- 400 g can chickpeas , drained (keep the liquid aside)
- 1 and ½ tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon (approx 30g)
- 20 g olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 200 g roasted pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon cumin/Moroccan seasoning
- * I like to drizzle a little olive oil over the top of my hummus and sprinkle on some paprika just before serving.
- Place the garlic clove into the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 6.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the TM bowl (including the roasted pumpkin and seasoning).
- Mix for 20 seconds on Speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Mix for a further 20 seconds on Speed 4.
- Check the consistency.
- If you would like it smoother, add a ¼ cup of the reserved chickpea liquid and mix for a further 20 seconds on Speed 4.
- Sprinkle with dukkah (optional) and serve.