I must say that I absolutely love the combination of caramel and nuts - it's the perfect balance! And this Thermomix Caramel Nut Slice really takes things to the next level!
I love that this slice is so easy. You don't need to prepare a caramel sauce - but rather, you just need to pour a tin of condensed milk over the base and nuts. I told you it was simple!
This is a super versatile slice - feel free to mix and match using your favourite nuts. I used roasted almonds, roasted peanuts and pecans in this particular slice - but macadamias, walnuts etc would be delicious too.
Perfect for afternoon tea or a sneaky late night treat... this Thermomix Caramel Nut Slice is sure to be a winner.
Thermomix Caramel Nut Slice
- 75 g plain flour
- 75 g self raising flour
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups of nuts (pecans, peanuts, almonds etc)
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and line a 18X28cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
- Place butter into the TM bowl and melt on 100 degrees, Speed 2, 2 minutes (scraping down the sides halfway through).
- Add the plain flour, self raising flour, coconut and caster sugar and mix on Reverse Speed 4 for 15 seconds (use the spatula to assist)
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds on Reverse Speed 4 (use the spatula to assist).
- Place the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle over the white chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Pour the can of condensed milk over the top of the nuts (ensuring all parts are covered).
- Bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Set aside to cool before placing into the fridge for 3-4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Cut into slices to serve.