One of the things I love most about cooking with my Thermomix is just how easy it is to convert my favourite childhood recipes into Thermomix friendly versions. It only made sense to make a Thermomix Jam and Coconut Slice, after al it was one of my favourite recipes growing up and still to this day it's one of my Nan's specialty recipes.
If you are feeling adventurous you can certainly try a different flavoured jam in the centre, I don't think you can go wrong with raspberry jam, however I'm also seeing an Apricot Jam version in my future very soon.
- 125 g of butter
- 80 g of caster sugar
- 150 g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 g of raspberry jam
- For the topping:
- 115 g of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 85 g of coconut
- Line the base and sides of a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper and preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the butter, sugar, flour and baking powder into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl and add the egg yolk and blitz for 7 seconds on speed 4 or until a soft dough forms.
- Press the dough into the base of the prepared slice tin. Use two metal spoons to help spread the mixture across the surface.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for approximately 13 - 15 minutes or until the base has turned golden brown.
- Allow the base to cool for 10 minutes before adding the raspberry jam.
- To make the topping, place the caster sugar, egg and coconut into your Thermomix bowl and mix on speed two for 10 seconds or until combined.
- Sprinkle the topping over the raspberry jam and bake the slice for a further 25 minutes or until the topping turns a lovely golden brown colour.
- Remove the slice from the oven and let it cool in the tin before carefully transferring to your bench top to cut into pieces.
This slice is the perfect accompaniment to your morning tea or coffee and it's also a huge hit with the kids.
Do you like converting classic recipes too?
Thank you so much for sharing this Recipe. Absolutely beautiful and so easy to make. I made this for my work colleagues and I can't wait for them to try it.
We're so thrilled you liiked it!
Absolutely delicious! I put the whole egg in the base as didn’t want to waste the egg white and many other recipes use a whole egg in the base layer
I’m currently baking this in the oven for my Husband’s morning tea at work tomorrow. It smells amazing.
I did use strawberry jam as that’s what I had in the pantry and I also added the spare egg white into the topping because I didn’t want to waste it.
This reminds me so much of the jam slice my Mum used to make as a kid but made so much easier in the Thermomix.
Thank you so much.
Lucy Mathieson says
Yay!!! Enjoy!! xx