If you're ever after a super easy slice that tastes AMAZING, then this Malteser Slice is for you! I mean really, is there anything better than Maltesers!? The hardest part of making this slice is trying hard not to eat all of the Maltesers while you're baking (or you can just buy a bigger bag... in which case you can nibble away all you like!
This slice can be stored in an airtight container for a few days. However! Just make sure you place the halved Maltesers face down in the chocolate layer so that they stay nice and crispy!
This is a great slice to pop into lunch boxes as a special treat (if you can stop yourself from eating it all!). It's such a family favourite and is always requested - by little kids and big kids alike!
We hope you love this slice as much as we do. Now, go and buy a big bag of Maltesers and get baking!
- 250 g pkt plain sweet biscuits (like Marie)
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 125 g butter
- 395 g tin condensed milk
- 2 tbs cocoa
- 185 g pkt maltesers , cut in half (I used a 280g bag - but that's just because I knew I'd eat them as I cooked!!)
- 200 g white chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil (or copha) melted *optional
- Line a standard rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits into the TM bowl and crush on Speed 8 for 10 seconds and then set aside.
- Place the butter, condensed milk and cocoa into the TM bowl and melt on Speed 2, 50 degrees for 3 minutes (or until completely melted).
- Add the crushed biscuits, rice bubbles and ¾ cup of halved maltesers.
- Mix on Reverse Speed 3 for 15 seconds or until completely combined.
- Press firmly into tin.
- Break the white chocolate into the TM bowl and add the coconut oil. Melt on Speed 2, 50 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate over the slice.
- Press remaining maltesers into the chocolate.
- *Please note that by pressing the Maltesers face down into the chocolate they will stay crunchy.
- Refrigerate until set and cut into slices.