When it comes to a quick and easy dinner, you just can't beat a Thermomix risotto! And this Thermomix Lemon Risotto with Asparagus, Prosciutto & Cherry Tomatoes is the most deliciously fresh and simple dinner. Trust me, you're going to LOVE it!
To make this risotto, you cook a really basic lemon risotto in the Thermomix. While it's cooking, pop the asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes into a frying pan or grill pan and cook until the prosciutto is crispy and the asparagus is lightly grilled.
Allow the lemon risotto to rest (and thicken) for a few minutes - preferably in the ThermoServer. Serve with the grilled asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Thermomix Lemon Risotto with Asparagus, Prosciutto & Cherry TomatoesPrint Pin Rate
- 60 g parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 300 g arborio rice
- 2 tbs veggie stock (or 2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder)
- 900 g water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch baby asparagus
- 100 g prosciutto , thinly sliced
- 1 X 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- Grate parmesan cheese on Speed 8 for 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place garlic into the TM bowl and mince on Speed 8 for 5 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the butter and oil and cook for 2 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Add arborio rice to the TM bowl and cook for a further 2 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Add the stock and water and cook for 16 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, Speed 1.
- Add lemon juice to taste and mix on REVERSE, Speed 1 for 20 seconds.
- Pour the risotto into the ThermoServer and allow to thicken for 10 minutes (stir through half of the grated parmesan cheese).
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes in a frying pan or grill pan until the prosciutto is crispy and the asparagus is lightly grilled.
- Divide the lemon risotto between the serving bowls and top with the prosciutto, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and remaining parmesan cheese.
Do you have the mc on or off for the different steps?
If it's not stated in the recipe, the default is MC on 🙂
Tried this tonight and it is absolutely delicious!! My daughter is such a picky eater at the moment and even she ate most of her bowl. The only thing I did differently is not fry the cherry tomatoes because I don’t really like the texture of cooked tomato haha but otherwise it was amazing! Will definitely be putting this recipe in the rotation of dinners.
Breanne Geyle says
Nice flavours but it was quite gluggy when I made it the second time
This recipe is delicious! I used top grade smoked bacon but all other ingredients the same, tastes were marvellous, thanks for this recipe It will definitely be a favourite!
Lucy Mathieson says