When it comes to a quick and easy dinner, you just can't beat a Thermomix risotto! And this Thermomix Lemon Risotto with Asparagus, Prosciutto & Cherry Tomatoes is the most deliciously fresh and simple dinner. Trust me, you're going to LOVE it!
To make this risotto, you cook a really basic lemon risotto in the Thermomix. While it's cooking, pop the asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes into a frying pan or grill pan and cook until the prosciutto is crispy and the asparagus is lightly grilled.
Allow the lemon risotto to rest (and thicken) for a few minutes - preferably in the ThermoServer. Serve with the grilled asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Thermomix Lemon Risotto
- 60 g parmesan
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 30 g butter
- 15 g olive oil
- 300 g arborio rice
- 900 g liquid vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch baby asparagus
- 100 g prosciutto thinly sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- Grate the parmesan cheese for 10 seconds, Speed 8. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and butter and oil and cook for 2 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Add the arborio rice to the Thermomix bowl and cook for a further 2 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Add the liquid vegetable stock and cook for 16 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, Speed 1.
- Add the lemon juice to taste and mix for 20 seconds, REVERSE, Speed 1.
- Pour the risotto into the ThermoServer and allow to thicken for 10 minutes (stir through half of the grated parmesan cheese).
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes in a frying pan or grill pan until the prosciutto is crispy and the asparagus is lightly grilled.
- Divide the lemon risotto between the serving bowls and top with the prosciutto, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and remaining parmesan cheese.
- ensure that you use arborio rice (this is the only type of rice suitable for risotto)
- do not rinse the arborio rice before using - unlike other varieties of rice, you should not rinse arborio rice. Removing the starch will stop the risotto from becoming deliciously rich and creamy.
- allow the risotto to rest in the ThermoServer for 10 minutes - this gives it enough time to thicken
- serve with grilled asparagus, tomatoes and crispy prosciutto for a restaurant quality meal
- use store-bought liquid chicken stock or use homemade chicken stock
- for a vegetarian option, substitute the prosciutto for grilled salmon or prawns
- store leftover risotto in the fridge for up to 3 days
- if freezing risotto, allow it to cool completely and then place into an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost and reheat in the microwave directly from frozen or allow to defrost in the fridge overnight and then reheat.