When it comes to a quick and easy dinner, you just can’t beat a Thermomix risotto! And this Thermomix Lemon Risotto with Asparagus, Prosciutto & Cherry Tomatoes is the most deliciously fresh and simple dinner. Trust me, you’re going to LOVE it!
To make this risotto, you cook a really basic lemon risotto in the Thermomix. While it’s cooking, pop the asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes into a frying pan or grill pan and cook until the prosciutto is crispy and the asparagus is lightly grilled.
Allow the lemon risotto to rest (and thicken) for a few minutes – preferably in the ThermoServer. Serve with the grilled asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- 60 g parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 300 g arborio rice
- 2 tbs veggie stock (or 2 tsp vegetable stock powder)
- 900 g water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch baby asparagus
- 100 g prosciutto , thinly sliced
- 1 X 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- Grate parmesan cheese on Speed 8 for 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place garlic into the TM bowl and mince on Speed 8 for 5 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the butter and oil and cook for 2 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Add arborio rice to the TM bowl and cook for a further 2 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Add the stock and water and cook for 16 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, Speed 1.
- Add lemon juice to taste and mix on REVERSE, Speed 1 for 20 seconds.
- Pour the risotto into the ThermoServer and allow to thicken for 10 minutes (stir through half of the grated parmesan cheese).
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes in a frying pan or grill pan until the prosciutto is crispy and the asparagus is lightly grilled.
- Divide the lemon risotto between the serving bowls and top with the prosciutto, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and remaining parmesan cheese.