Our Chicken & Mushroom Risotto is the perfect family meal! Add some avocado and baby spinach for a delicious finish!
Whether you’re new to using a Thermomix or an experienced pro, there’s no denying how amazing it is when it comes to making risottos. Yep, kiss goodbye to standing over a stovetop stirring, stirring, stirring… and say hello to the easiest fuss-free dinners going round!!
And speaking of delicious dinners, here is our favourite Chicken & Mushroom Risotto recipe! It’s packed full of flavour and is so quick and easy to make.
I like to add avocado and baby spinach to my risotto, but sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus and bacon are also yummy additions. OR you can leave it nice and simple as chicken and mushroom!
For more yummy Thermomix risottos, check out our new Chorizo, Tomato & Baby Spinach Risotto, our Chicken, Leek & Sweet Corn Risotto, or our Lemon Risotto with Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes and Prosciutto…. YUM!!!
Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- 45 g parmesan cheese
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 40 g butter
- 40 g olive oil
- 320 g arborio rice
- 100 g white wine
- 3 tsp chicken stock powder
- 350 g thinly sliced chicken thighs
- 200 g sliced mushrooms
- 700 g water (or however much takes you to the fill line - do not fill past this line)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 80 g baby spinach leaves
- extra parmesan, to serve
- Place the parmesan cheese into the Thermomix bowl. Grate on Speed 9, 8 seconds. Remove and set aside. Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the halved onion and chop of Speed 5, 4 seconds.
- Add the minced garlic, butter and olive oil and saute 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1, Reverse (MC off).
- Insert the butterfly and add the arborio rice. Mix 1 minute, Varoma, Speed 1, Reverse (MC off).
- Add the wine and mix 2 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1, Reverse (MC off).
- Add the chicken stock powder, sliced chicken thighs, mushrooms and water (do not fill past the 'fill line'.
- Cook 18 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed, 1, Reverse with the rice basket on top to stop any splatters.
- Pour into the Thermoserver, stir through the parmesan, avocado and baby spinach and allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.