Our Chicken & Mushroom Risotto is the perfect family meal! Add some avocado and baby spinach for a delicious finish!
Whether you're new to using a Thermomix or an experienced pro, there's no denying how amazing it is when it comes to making risottos. Yep, kiss goodbye to standing over a stovetop stirring, stirring, stirring... and say hello to the easiest fuss-free dinners going round!!
And speaking of delicious dinners, here is our favourite Chicken & Mushroom Risotto recipe! It's packed full of flavour and is so quick and easy to make.
I like to add avocado and baby spinach to my risotto, but sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus and bacon are also yummy additions. OR you can leave it nice and simple as chicken and mushroom!
For more yummy Thermomix risottos, check out our new Chorizo, Tomato & Baby Spinach Risotto, our Chicken, Leek & Sweet Corn Risotto, or our Lemon Risotto with Asparagus, Cherry Tomatoes and Prosciutto.... YUM!!!
Thermomix Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- 45 g parmesan cheese
- 1 brown onion halved
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 40 g butter
- 40 g olive oil
- 320 g arborio rice
- 100 g white wine
- 350 g chicken thighs thinly sliced
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 700 g chicken stock liquid
- 1 avocado chopped
- 80 g baby spinach leaves
- extra parmesan to serve
- Place the parmesan cheese into the Thermomix bowl. Grate for 8 seconds, Speed 9. Remove and set aside. Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the halved onion and chop for 4 seconds,Speed 5.
- Add the minced garlic, butter and olive oil and saute for 3 minutes, Varoma, REVERSE, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Insert the butterfly and add the arborio rice. Mix for 1 minute, Varoma, REVERSE, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Add the wine and mix for 2 minutes, Varoma, REVERSE, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Add the chicken stock liquid, sliced chicken thighs and mushrooms (do NOT fill past the 'MAX line'.)
- Cook for 18 minutes, 100 degrees, REVERSE, Speed 1, with the MC removed but the rice basket on top to stop any splatters.
- Pour into a Thermoserver, stir through the parmesan, avocado and baby spinach and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Note: the risotto will thicken during this time.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.