This Thermomix Chorizo, Tomato & Baby Spinach Risotto is the perfect weeknight meal. It's fast, fresh and packed full of flavour! What's not to love?!
I love to make this risotto with extra chilli flakes, but when I'm making it for my son as well, I leave them out completely. It's totally up to you. Add as much or as little chilli as you like!
Or if you prefer something more neutral but equally as yummy, try out our new recipe here on Chicken and Mushroom Risotto.
The chorizo sausages give this Thermomix Chorizo, Tomato & Baby Spinach Risotto the most delicious flavour. They're definitely the star of the show!
And if you've got any leftovers (this recipe makes 4 large serves or 6 smaller serves), simply pop them in the freezer or reheat for lunch. YUM!
PS. You guys know how much we love our risottos here at ThermoBliss - so make sure you check out our yummy collection of risotto recipes!
Thermomix Chorizo, Tomato & Baby Spinach Risotto
- 60 grams parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 80 grams onion, halved
- 80 grams red capsicum, quartered
- 25 grams butter
- 25 grams olive oil
- 320 grams arborio rice
- 100 grams white wine
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 400 grams tin canned diced tomatoes
- 500 grams chicken stock
- a couple of handfuls of baby spinach
- Place the parmesan cheese into the Thermomix bowl. Finely grate on Speed 9, 10 seconds. Set aside in a separate bowl. Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Place the onion, garlic and capsicum into the clean Thermomix bowl. Chop on Speed 6, 3 seconds.
- Add the butter and olive oil and saute on 100 degrees, 5 minutes, Speed 1, MC removed.
- Add the arborio rice and white wine and saute on 100 degrees, 2 minutes, Reverse, Speed 1, MC removed.
- Add the sliced chorizo sausages, oregano, chilli flakes, diced tomatoes and chicken stock (500g or however much takes you to the fill line) and cook on 100 degrees, 16 minutes, Reverse, Speed Soft (with the rice basket over the top of the hole to prevent after splatters).
- Pour the risotto into the Thermoserver, add the baby spinach and half of the reserved parmesan cheese. Stir. Leave for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve with the remaining parmesan cheese.