Our Thermomix Bacon & Tomato Risotto is the perfect family dinner... quick, easy and totally delicious!
Nothing beats a risotto made in the Thermomix... there's absolutely no stirring involved... just set and forget!
This Thermomix Bacon & Tomato Risotto is always a family favourite in our house. It gets the tick of approval from our toddler, plus we love it too (bonus!). I like to add a bit of chilli to my bowl when I'm dishing up too (but if everyone in your family likes chilli, I'd definitely suggest adding it to the tomato sauce when you're making the risotto).
Need some more Thermomix risotto recipes in your life? We’ve totally got you covered! Click here for our fave risotto recipes…
If you are looking for some more yummy dinner ideas, make sure you grab your copy of our Thermomix Family Dinners eBook bundle!
You can also view all of our print and eBooks here.
Thermomix Bacon & Tomato Risotto
- 60 grams parmesan cheese
- 15 grams olive oil
- 150 grams bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (or 2 teaspoon minced garlic)
- 400 grams tin diced tomatoes
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional) - see notes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- sea salt and pepper, to season
- 1 brown onion
- 20 grams olive oil
- 25 grams butter
- 350 grams arborio rice
- 1000 grams liquid vegetable stock - see notes
- 100 grams white wine
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- Place the parmesan cheese into the Thermomix bowl and grate on Speed 8, 8 seconds. Set aside in a seperate bowl. Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Place the olive oil and bacon into the Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1, Reverse (MC off).
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, chilli (optional), dried herbs, salt and pepper and cook for 12 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1, Reverse. Pour the sauce into the ThermoServer and set aside. Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the onion to the Thermomix bowl and chop on Speed 5, 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the olive oil and butter and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1.
- Put the butterfly into place and add the rice and wine. Cook for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for a further 16 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1 (MC off - but place the rice basket over the top of the MC hole to catch any splatters).
- Pour into the ThermoServer (with the tomato sauce) and stir through the baby spinach and reserved parmesan cheese. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.