Our Thermomix Garlic Prawn Risotto is a firm favourite in our house! A rich creamy risotto, with fresh prawns, parmesan and baby spinach... YUM!
If you've been visiting ThermoBliss for a while, you'll know that we're massive fans of making risotto in the Thermomix. It's quick, it's easy and the results are oh-so-good! And our Thermomix Garlic Prawn Risotto is all of those things and so much more!
I like to stir baby spinach through my risotto at the end, but that step is entirely optional. You can always substitute it for sun-dried tomatoes or even frozen peas. Our Garlic Prawn Risotto will easily feed 4 people, making it a great family dinner!
Check out some more of our favourite Thermomix risottos here:
- Chicken, Pumpkin, Bacon & Spinach Risotto
- Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken, Leek & Sweet Corn Risotto
- Chorizo, Tomato & Baby Spinach Risotto
- Lemon Risotto with Asparagus, Prosciutto & Cherry Tomatoes
For more great Thermomix dinners, check out our 'Thermomix Dinners eBook Bundle... 2 for $15!
Thermomix Garlic Prawn Risotto
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 3 garlic cloves
- 40 g butter
- 40 g olive oil
- 320 g arborio rice
- 60 g white wine
- 2 tsp vegetable stock
- 720 g water
- 300 g green prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 80 g cooking cream
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- extra parmesan, to serve
- Place the parmesan cheese into the Thermomix bowl. Grate on Speed 10, 10 seconds. Set aside in a seperate bowl. Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl.
- Place the onion and garlic into the Thermomix bowl. Chop on Speed 5, 3 seconds.
- Add the butter and olive oil. Saute 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Insert the butterfly whisk. Add the risotto rice and saute for 1 minute, Varoma, Reverse, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Add the white wine and saute for a further 2 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Scrape the bottom of the bowl. Add the vegetable stock and water and cook for 13 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1.
- Add the prawns and cooking cream and cook for a further 3 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed 1 (MC off).
- Add the baby spinach leaves to the ThermoServer and pour over the risotto. Stir through the parmesan cheese and allow to rest for 10 minutes (to thicken).
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese.