This Thermomix Cheesy Cauliflower Rice makes a great side dish for the family and is also a great food for babies and toddlers!
When I recently came across Cauliflowers for just 48 cents each (yep, seriously!) I couldn’t help myself and bought NINE of them! This seemed like a great idea at the time, but after making five batched of Cheese and Cauliflower Fritters I knew I needed to come up with some other recipes to make.
This Thermomix Cheesy Cauliflower Rice was a big hit with all three of my kids, the older boys who won’t normally eat cauliflower when it’s just been steamed LOVED this ‘special rice’ which I served with roast lamb and veggies and our baby boy who will eat anything couldn’t get enough of it!
For the grown ups you can add a little salt and pepper when you add the cheese, I left it out for the kids though. I’ve made a couple of batches of this recipe so far and have popped it into the freezer for an easy side or meals for the kids down the track.
Thermomix Cheesy Cauliflower Rice
- 600 g of cauliflower
- 80 g of cheddar cheese
- 20 g of parmesan cheese
- 400 g of water
- Place both of the cheeses into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 8 seconds of speed 8. Set aside until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, add the cauliflower florets and blitz for 6 seconds on speed 6 or until the cauliflower is finely chopped and resembles ‘rice’.
- Transfer the chopped cauliflower to your large varoma dish.
- Without washing the bowl, add 400g of water and put the varoma into place. Cook for 13 minutes, varoma, speed 2.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower rice to a thermoserver and mix through the grated cheeses. Serve.