Our simple Thermomix pizza dough is always a hit with the family and makes a great option for Friday night 'fake-away'. Create a masterpiece with your favourite toppings.
It's very rare for a weekend to go by where we don't make our own pizzas. They're so simple and delicious... especially when using our fool-proof Thermomix pizza dough recipe!
What You Need
Making your own homemade pizzas will save you an absolute fortune on takeaway! Here's what you need to make our pizza bases:
- olive oil
- warm water
- raw sugar
- dried instant yeast
- bakers flour or plain flour
- pinch of salt
Tips For Making Pizza Dough
- allow adequate time for the pizza dough to rise (see recipe below)
- ensure your pizza has a warm draught-free place to rise (in a warm ThermoServer is a great option)
- check that your yeast is in date
- use Bakers flour or 00 flour if possible
- pizza bases can be prepped ahead of time, par-baked and then frozen. Allow to defrost at room temperature before adding your toppings and cooking.
Allowing enough time (and a warm draught-free environment) for your dough to rise is so important.
Most Popular Pizza Toppings
Need some inspiration for what to add to your pizza bases? Here's a few of our most loved toppings:
- Italian Sausage, Tomato & Basil Pizza
- mozarella and salami
- prosciutto, bocconcini, tomato and rocket
- egg, cheese, pineapple and bacon
- ham and pineapple
- bbq sauce, bacon, beef mince and cheese
- prawns, rocket, capsicum and chilli
- caramelised onion, feta and pumpkin
- bbq sauce, chicken, red onion and cheese
- potato and rosemary
- garlic and cheese
Leftover pizza can be stored in the fridge, reheated and consumed within 24 hours.
Pizza bases can be prepped ahead of time, par-baked and then frozen. Allow to defrost at room temperature before adding your toppings and cooking.
Thermomix Dinners Cookbooks
Our range of hardcopy Thermomix cookbooks are perfect for busy families! Filled with quick and easy recipes that even the fussiest of kids will love.
Thermomix Pizza Dough
- 30 g olive oil
- 220 g warm water (you may need a little more!)
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 teaspoon dried instant yeast
- 400 g bakers flour or plain flour
- pinch of salt
- Heat the yeast and water for 1 minute on 37 degrees, Speed 1.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix for 6 seconds on Speed 6.
- Knead for 2 minutes.
- Place into a lightly greased Thermoserver (or bowl) and place into a warm spot for 30 minutes or until doubled in size). If using a bowl, make sure you cover it with a tea towel to keep the heat in.
- Roll out to make a large 32cm dough circle (or 2 small pizzas).
- Place the dough onto the tray.
- Add your favourite toppings.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 15 minutes or until the base is crispy.