Our simple Thermomix pizza dough is always a hit with the family and makes a great option for Friday night 'fake-away'. Create a masterpiece with your favourite toppings.
It's very rare for a weekend to go by where we don't make our own pizzas. They're so simple and delicious... especially when using our fool-proof Thermomix pizza dough recipe!
What You Need
Making your own homemade pizzas will save you an absolute fortune on takeaway! Here's what you need to make our pizza bases:
- olive oil
- warm water
- raw sugar
- dried instant yeast
- bakers flour or plain flour
- pinch of salt
Tips For Making Pizza Dough
- allow adequate time for the pizza dough to rise (see recipe below)
- ensure your pizza has a warm draught-free place to rise (in a warm ThermoServer is a great option)
- check that your yeast is in date
- use Bakers flour or 00 flour if possible
- pizza bases can be prepped ahead of time, par-baked and then frozen. Allow to defrost at room temperature before adding your toppings and cooking.
Allowing enough time (and a warm draught-free environment) for your dough to rise is so important.
Most Popular Pizza Toppings
Need some inspiration for what to add to your pizza bases? Here's a few of our most loved toppings:
- Italian Sausage, Tomato & Basil Pizza
- mozarella and salami
- prosciutto, bocconcini, tomato and rocket
- egg, cheese, pineapple and bacon
- ham and pineapple
- bbq sauce, bacon, beef mince and cheese
- prawns, rocket, capsicum and chilli
- caramelised onion, feta and pumpkin
- bbq sauce, chicken, red onion and cheese
- potato and rosemary
- garlic and cheese
Leftover pizza can be stored in the fridge, reheated and consumed within 24 hours.
Pizza bases can be prepped ahead of time, par-baked and then frozen. Allow to defrost at room temperature before adding your toppings and cooking.
Thermomix Dinners Cookbooks
Our range of hardcopy Thermomix cookbooks are perfect for busy families! Filled with quick and easy recipes that even the fussiest of kids will love.
Browse our dinners cookbooks here.
Thermomix Pizza Dough
- 30 g olive oil
- 220 g warm water (you may need a little more!)
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 teaspoon dried instant yeast
- 400 g bakers flour or plain flour
- pinch of salt
- Heat the yeast and water for 1 minute on 37 degrees, Speed 1.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix for 6 seconds on Speed 6.
- Knead for 2 minutes.
- Place into a lightly greased Thermoserver (or bowl) and place into a warm spot for 30 minutes or until doubled in size). If using a bowl, make sure you cover it with a tea towel to keep the heat in.
- Roll out to make a large 32cm dough circle (or 2 small pizzas).
- Place the dough onto the tray.
- Add your favourite toppings.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 15 minutes or until the base is crispy.
This receipt is fantastic and so easy! After reading comments I doubled the recipe to get two med/lge pizzas (standard AU store bought pizza size) but didn’t need too! It made two standard size thin bases perfectly. Now I can make some cheese and bacon scrolls today with the excess.
This pizza dough was beautiful, both kids loved every bite.
sooooo simple and easy to make.and the best part is that the hardest part ( the kneading ) can be done for you!
🤦🏼♀️ Yeast just out of date!! Fingers crossed
Lucy Hayward says
Roughly how many pizzas does this amount of dough make please? I couldn't see that anywhere.....
This will make 1 round normal sized pizza with a reasonably thick base. There is a review in the comments that says it made 15 mini pizzas 🙂
What do you mean by par bake and freeze, can you explain what this involves please and how to get best results. Wanting to do bases for my son to use each week. Thanks
Roll out the dough into the base size of your choice, and bake for about 6 minutes for a thin crust, or 8 minutes for a thicker crust. Cool them completely before wrapping well in cling wrap and freezing for up to 4 weeks. When you want to cook them they will need to be defrosted to room temperature before topping and baking.
Lesley runeckles says
I love all of your recipes and this one sounds great but have you tried the 2 ingredient pizza? 1 1/2cups of self raising flour and 1 cup of Greek yogurt. It is fantastic and easy to make. I havent tried it in Thermie, I'm not adventurous so hopefully someone else is :). My partner and friends think it's the best. I double ingredients and have a thick base. You can also make savoury and sweet scrolls and other yummy things
Oh thank you so much! Yes we sure have! You can find the recipe here: https://thermobliss.com/thermomix-2-ingredient-scroll-dough-recipe/
I have been using this pizza dough recipe for over and year and it was always good. But since you’ve made the changes to the quantities it’s a no fail dough. So good!! Always comes out great! We love it! Thank you.
Thank you so much Molly!!!
Could you please tell me What quantity of yeast is in a sachet?
7 grams 🙂
Paul Marik says
Exactly same thing just happened to me...