Our Thermomix Baba Ghanoush recipe is made with just six ingredients and couldn't be easier to prepare. This delicious eggplant dip makes a great alternative from your usual hummus or roast capsicum dip and is oh-so-good when served with some crusty bread (or better yet, our Turkish Pide!).
This Thermomix Baba Ghanoush is perfect for your next special occasion!
You will love:
Made with just six ingredients.
Simple to prepare, just combine your grilled eggplant with the rest of the ingredients!
Versatile - serve with crackers, veggie sticks, Pita Bread, Naan Bread or Turkish Pide. It really is up to you!
Prepare in advance - when stored in an airtight container, this Thermomix Baba Ghanoush can last up to one week.
Please note you will find the full list of ingredients and method in the recipe card below.
- Eggplant - it is important to grill your eggplant as this is what gives the Baba Ghanoush its flavour.
- Tahini - either hulled or un-hulled Tahini can be used.
- Garlic - cloves or minced garlic can be used
- Lemon Juice - you will need one lemon.
How to Make Baba Ghanoush in a Thermomix
Step 1. Grill the eggplant on your BBQ or using a naked flame on your gas cooktop. Cut in half and pop into the oven to cook completely.
Step 2. Place the garlic cloves into your Thermomix bowl and mix.
Step 3. Remove the skin from the cooked eggplant and mix.
Step 4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Step 5. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
Recipe Hints and Tips.
To get a really good baba ghanoush you need to grill your eggplant. It's the only way to get that beautiful, traditional smokey flavour. As much as I love the Thermomix - it's just not going to do the job here! So use a naked flame on your gas stovetop or BBQ to grill the outside of a whole eggplant.
For a smoother texture, mix the Baba Ghanoush for an extra 10 seconds or until the desired texture is achieved.
Serve with a little drizzle of olive oil, some fresh olives and a slice or two (or 10!) of delicious Thermomix Turkish Pide. Yum!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Freeze for up to two months, please note the consistency may change.
It is essential to not skip this step and the chargrilling of the eggplant is what helps to give this dip it's flavour.
Baba Ghanoush can be frozen for up to two months. Please note the consistency may change.
More Recipes you will enjoy:
- Thermomix Tzatziki Dip
- Thermomix Hummus
- Thermomix Roasted Capsicum & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- Thermomix Dips
- Thermomix Naan Bread
- Turkish Pide
- Cheesy Thermomix Crackers
Thermomix Baba Ghanoush (Eggplant Dip)
- 1 eggplant
- 70 grams tahini
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 30 grams lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Grill the whole eggplant over a naked flame on your gas stovetop or BBQ.
- Once it's chargrilled, cut it in half and pop it into the oven to cook completely (until all of the inside has softened) - approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the skin and discard.
- Place the garlic cloves into the TM bowl and mince on Speed 8 for 5 seconds.
- Scrape own the sides of the bowl and repeat.
- Scoop the inside of the eggplant into the TM bowl.
- Press Turbo approximately 5 times until you have a nice thick, chunky texture.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and press turbo until all of the ingredients are combined and you have the texture you desire.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, kalamata olives and crusty bread.
Looking for more?
You can find more simple and delicious recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the range here.