Light, fresh and zesty... our Thermomix Chicken & Mango Salad ticks all the boxes!
This yummy salad is a variation on a Donna Hay recipe (and I loooove Donna Hay's recipes!!). I've made a few changes to the original recipe and have of course converted it to the Thermomix!
So to make this yummy Thermomix Chicken & Mango Salad you start off by chopping the cabbage and then setting it aside. Then it's simply a matter of steaming the chicken breasts in the Varoma, and then shredding them in the Thermomix bowl.
While the chicken is cooking, prep your sauce and the remaining salad ingredients and then mix them all together. Top with chopped green chilli and cashew nuts. DELICIOUS!!
PS - for another yummy recipe, don't forget to check out our Thermomix Apple Coleslaw recipe!
Thermomix Chicken & Mango Salad
- 100 g cabbage
- 400 g chicken breasts (cut in half like schnitzels)
- 1 mango , chopped
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves , roughly chopped
- 120 g roasted cashew nuts
- 1 green chilli , sliced (I also removed the seeds)
- 3 tbs whole-egg mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup (80g) lime juice
- 1 ½ tbs caster sugar
- Place the cabbage into the Thermomix bowl and roughly chop by pressing Turbo a couple of times. Remove any very large chunks.
- Set the cabbage aside in a large serving bowl.
- Place 1000g water into a clean Thermomix bowl.
- Place the sliced chicken breasts into the Varoma tray and cook on Varoma, Speed 2, 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Drain the water from the bowl and place the chicken breasts into the bowl. Shred on Reverse, Speed 4, 4 seconds.
- Add to the serving bowl with the cabbage.
- Add the chopped mango, mint, half of the cashew nuts and half of the sliced green chilli.
- Mix together.
- Use a fork to whisk the whole egg mayonnaise, lime juice and caster sugar together in a bowl.
- Pour half of the dressing over the salad and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining cashew nuts and green chilli over the top and drizzle with the remaining dressing.