Now that the weather is well and truly cooling down (noooooo!), it’s time to start whipping up batch after batch after batch of yummy, winter warming soups. And the best thing you can possibly eat with soup is bread. Now is not the time to be worrying about carbs. Nope, now is the time to enjoy the deliciousness that carb-filled bread products bring!
You may have noticed that Lauren and I are both a little bit fond of bread in the Thermomix. If you haven’t already checked out our bread-y recipes, get on it! They’re so yum:
- Rosemary & Garlic Bread
- Savoury Muffins
- Raspberry & Nutella Scrolls
- Vegemite & Cheese Scrolls
- Olive Oil Pastry
- Ham & Cheese Scrolls
Yep, I told you we like bread.
Anyway, today I’m going to share a quick and easy recipe for a Turkish Pide. I like to make these and use one to dip into soup and keep the other to smother in hummus. OMG yum! Ooh speaking of hummus… stay tuned for a super easy hummus recipe coming to ThermoBliss very, very soon (and by soon I mean, when I have time to type it up!).
So, if you love bread too (yay!), make sure you give this Turkish Pide a go. Your big bowl of soup will thank you for it.
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 g lukewarm water
- 450 g bakers flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 g olive oil
- 40 g plain yoghurt
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 tbs sesame or poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Place the yeast, sugar and water in the TM bowl.
- Mix for 40 seconds on Speed 3, 37 degrees or until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add the flour and salt, oil and yoghurt to the yeast mixture.
- Mix for 6 seconds on Speed 6.
- Knead for 2 minutes on Interval Speed.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead into a ball.
- Place into a lightly greased Thermoserver, or in a nice, warm place to allow the dough to prove for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough ball into 2 equal portions.
- Stretch each portion into a long rectangle.
- Place the pides onto a baking paper lined tray.
- Brush lightly with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Place the tray into a cold oven.
- Turn the heat up to 230 degrees and cook until the side is golden brown and sounds hollow.
- Serve immediately.