A family-friendly Thermomix Japanese Chicken Curry that’s perfect for an easy midweek dinner! Serve with rice, spring onions and picked ginger.
Hands up if you love curry? And what about Japanese food? Well this recipe combines the best of both worlds! A delicious Thermomix curry made with katsu style flavours….. YUM!
This Thermomix Japanese Chicken Curry takes just 30 minutes to cook and is honestly just the most delicious thing ever! I like to serve it with:
- brown rice (any rice is fine!)
- picked ginger
- spring onions
- sesame seeds
- kewpie mayo
You can always add some extra steamed greens on the side if you like!
This recipe has been converted to the Thermomix from this original recipe on Taste.com. I’d made it lots of times the conventional way, but I love that in the Thermie you can basically set and forget! The perfect midweek meal.
Thermomix Japanese Chicken Curry
- 1 brown onion halved
- 30 g vegetable oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 10 g curry powder
- 30 g tomato paste
- 250 g liquid chicken stock
- 600 g chicken thighs cut into 2cm pieces
- 200 g carrots sliced
- 100 g green beans halved
- 80 g apple sauce
- 15 g soy sauce
- 20 g honey
- 2 spring onions chopped
- sesame seeds to sprinkle
- picked ginger to serve
- brown rice to serve
- kewpie mayo to serve, see notes
- Place the halved onion into the Thermomix bowl and chop on Speed 6, 2 seconds. Add the oil, garlic and ginger and saute for 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2.
- Add the curry powder, tomato paste, liquid chicken stock and chicken and cook for 20 minutes, Varoma, Stir Speed.
- Add the carrots, beans, apple sauce, soy sauce and honey and cook for a further 10 minutes, Varoma, Stir Speed.
- Serve with brown rice (or any rice), spring onions, sesame seeds, pickled ginger and kewpie mayo.