Our famous gozlemes are back and even better than ever... meet our Thermomix Lamb, Spinach & Feta Gozleme - the most delicious dinner (and a great way to use up leftover lamb!).
Whenever we have leftover meat from a roast lamb, these gozlemes are on the menu! They're super delicious, easy to make and everyone in the family loves them (even Mr 3).
This recipe is identical to our classic cheesy spinach and feta gozleme recipe, but with the addition of thinly sliced cooked lamb. You can of course use leftover chicken or beef as well!
I love to cook these Thermomix Lamb, Spinach & Feta Gozlemes on the BBQ grill to get that smoky grilled taste... but they really are just as yummy cooked in a very hot frying pan (please note: the gozlemes in the photos were cooked on a frying pan).
For more family dinner recipes, check out our entire collection here.
Thermomix Lamb, Spinach & Feta Gozleme
For the dough
- 600 g plain flour
- 410 g warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 g olive oil
For the filling
- 150 g grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- handful mint
- sprig of parsley
- 150 g baby spinach
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 20 g lemon juice
- 250 g feta crumbled
- 300 g cooked lamb thinly sliced
- Place the flour, warm water, salt and olive oil into the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds, Speed 10.
- Scrape down the sides and then mix for 2 minutes, Interval/Knead function.
- Place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave for at least 30 minutes to rest.
- Place the cheese into the Thermomix bowl and grate for 8 seconds Speed 9. Set aside.
- Add the mint, parsley and baby spinach into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds, Speed 8. Scrape down the sides and repeat until finely chopped.
- Add the the grated cheese, minced garlic, lemon juice and feta. Season with salt and pepper. Mix for 15 seconds, Speed 4.
- Thinly slice the cooked lamb and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each ball into a large, thin circle.
- Place one-sixth of the spinach/cheese mixture onto one side of the circle (leaving a 2cm gap near the outside edge), top with one-sixth of the sliced lamb.
- Fold the other half over and press down to seal the filling.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and cook over a BBQ grill or in a frying pan for approximately 5 minutes (flipping halfway through), until golden and crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining gozlemes (while keeping the others warm in the oven se to low).
- Cut into slices and serve with fresh lemon, dips and olives.
Wonderful combination of flavors.
Lauren Matheson says
Thank you Molly x