Our Thermomix Lemon and Herb Chicken is perfect for you next Sunday lunch!
We all love a roast chicken right? Well I think you are going to love this Thermomix Lemon and Herb Chicken recipe! It's really simple to cook a whole chicken in your Thermomix, and if you haven't done it before, make sure you check out our 'How to Cook a Chicken in a Thermomix' post and I've also popped some of my tips below.
When making this recipe, you can also choose to steam your vegetables while cooking the chicken by adding them after the chicken has been cooking for 55 minutes - just make sure the top varoma tray will fit over your chicken first! If you have any leftovers, you can use the cooled chicken for sandwiches, you can learn how to shred chicken in your Thermomix here.
Tips for making this Thermomix Lemon and Herb Chicken recipe:
If your butter is not soft, try cooking it on the 'defrost' setting of our microwave for 10 - 20 seconds.
The cooking times for this recipe is based on a 1.25 kg chicken, if you are cooking a larger/smaller chicken then your cooking times will vary.
You can also cook your vegetables when cooking this chicken, simply add them to the Varoma tray after 55 minutes.
You can find more great Thermomix Chicken Recipes in this post.
Thermomix Lemon and Herb Chicken
- 1 whole chicken - this recipe is based on a 1.25kg whole chicken
- 50 grams butter softened
- 2 tbsp of dried italian herbs
- ½ tbsp of mild paprika
- sprinkle salt and pepper
- 2 lemons cut in half
- Place the softened butter, italian herbs, paprika, juice of one lemon and salt and pepper into a small bowl. Use a teaspoon to mix the ingredients together until combined.
- Remove your chicken from the fridge and rinse it under the tap, make sure you rinse inside the cavity and pat dry.
- Rub the herb and lemon mixture all over you chicken.
- Fill your Thermomix bowl until it's approximately ¾ full with water.
- Place the chicken into the Varoma tray and add the four lemon halves (including the ones you have squeezed) before placing it on top of your Thermomix. Cook for 70 minutes on Varoma Temperature Speed 2.
- Carefully remove the Varoma lid and check that the chicken is cooked through by piercing the thickest part with a skewer. Serve