Our Thermomix Olive & Rosemary Focaccia is the perfect side to a bowl of soup or pasta… or completely delicious all on it’s own (with butter, of course!).
Our Thermomix Olive & Rosemary Focaccia is based on the fabulous recipe in the Thermomix EDC – it’s brilliant and fool-proof. BUT!!! We think that adding olives, rosemary and sea salt takes it to a whole new level of yumminess!
This is a super simple recipe that is delicious served with soup (especially when the weather is chilly), but it’s also delicious on it’s own. You can use any type of olives you like – I generally use kalamata olives, but green olives (with chilli!) are soooo delicious too.
For more great Thermomix savoury breads and muffins, check out our simple recipes here.
Thermomix Olive & Rosemary Focaccia
- 350 g water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 20 g olive oil
- 500 g plain flour (or Baker's flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g pitted olives
- rosemary leaves
- sea salt
- Place the water and yeast into the Thermomix bowl. Mix on Speed 1, 2 minutes, 37 degrees.
- Add the olive oil, plain flour and salt and mix on Speed 6, 8 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix on Interval (knead) function for 2 minutes.
- Place the mixture into a greased bowl (or ThermoServer) and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size (approximately 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Punch the dough down and then spread onto the prepared baking tray.
- Press the olives and rosemary leaves lightly into the mixture. Allow to prove for a further 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with extra sea salt and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.