I have to admit that baking with yeast scares me just a little. I can’t really pinpoint the reason, I’m always just nervous that whatever I’m making is not going to turn out. So when I came across this no yeast scroll recipe, to say I was just a little excited is an understatement!
I’ve tried a few combinations of these scrolls now using my Thermomix, and without a doubt these Hawaiian Pizza Scrolls are my boys favourite. If you don’t have any pizza sauce, you can easily substitute with a jar of pasta sauce – yum!
Remember to also check out our Thermomix Pizza Dough Recipe here!
- 300 g of self raising flour + extra to dust
- 90 g of butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 160 ml of milk
- ¼ cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of grated tasted cheese - plus ¼ cup extra
- 100 g of ham
- ½ small tin of pineapple pieces - drained
- Extra milk to brush
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Use the kneading function to knead the dough for 2 minutes
- Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
- Brush one long edge with a little milk.
- Scatter the ham, pineapple and cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Starting at the long side (without milk) carefully roll the dough until enclosed.
- Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
What is your favourite lunch box or after school treat?