This creamy Bacon Thermomix Carbonara recipe can be ready to enjoy in less than 45 minutes and will be a hit with your family. It's packed with flavour and you need just six simple ingredients to make it!
One of our favourite weeknight dinners is this easy Carbonara recipe as it's quick to prepare and gets a big tick of approval from my family. For an even faster meal, try cooking the pasta on the stove while the sauce is cooking.
Why you will love this recipe
- It's quick to make! You can be enjoying this creamy Carbonara in just 45 minutes.
- Budget Friendly, you need just a few basic ingredients to make this recipe.
- Make it your own! Don't have any bacon? You can use pancetta or ham if you need. You can also add cooked shredded chicken or sun-dried tomatoes to help stretch this recipe further.
- Cream - I use regular full fat thickened cream for this recipe, you can also use 'pouring cream' or cooking cream if you wish.
- Bacon - I prefer to use shortcut bacon for this recipe and slice it into pieces myself before adding to the sauce. If you prefer, you can use whole bacon rashers. To chop using the Thermomix, add torn pieces of bacon (no bigger than 4cm) to your Thermomix before starting this recipe and mix for 3 seconds, Speed 5 to chop.
Step by Step Photos
Making your own Carbonara sauce from scratch really is quite easy in your Thermomix. All you need to do is:
- Grate the parmesan cheese,
- Chop the bacon, garlic and onion ,
- Add the cream and cook.
- Add some of the reserved parmesan cheese,
- Cook the pasta,
- Mix the sauce and pasta together and serve.
Expert Tips for Making Carbonara in a Thermomix:
- To get dinner on the table faster, you can cook the pasta on your stovetop.
- Why not try your favourite pasta with this recipe? You can use any type of pasta, please note the cooking time for the pasta will vary.
- It's important not to overcook your pasta as it will continue to cook through once combined with the sauce.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge and enjoyed within 3 days.
- You can also freeze this recipe, store in a freezer safe container and consume within 3 months.
When making this recipe I usually use thickened cream, however you can also use pouring cream if you prefer.
Yes you can, please note that the sauce will not thicken quite as much though.
More easy Thermomix Pasta Recipes
- Beef and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Creamy Chicken & Bacon Pasta Bake
- Thermomix BBQ Chicken Pasta
- Pasta Dough
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
Creamy Thermomix Carbonara Recipe
- 120 grams parmesan cheese cut into 2 - 3cm pieces
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 brown onion peeled and cut in half
- 200 grams bacon diced
- 60 grams butter
- 300 ml thickened cream
- salt and pepper pinch of each, to taste
- 1200 grams water
- ½ tsp salt optional
- 270 grams pasta spaghetti or fettuccine
- Place the parmesan cheese into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 9 to grate. Transfer to a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, add the garlic cloves and onion and mix for 5 seconds, Speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and add the bacon pieces and butter. Cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2 - measuring cup off.
- Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and add the cream and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, 110 degrees, REVERSE, Speed 2 - also with the measuring cup off. Please use a splatter guard (TM6) or basket insert (TM5/TM31) on top of your bowl to prevent any splatters.
- Add 60 grams of parmesan cheese and stir through the sauce. Transfer to a Thermoserver to keep warm.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add 1200 grams of water and the salt. Cook for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, Speed 2 - measuring cup on.
- Carefully remove the measuring cup and add the pasta through the hole in the lid. Cook for 9 minutes, Varoma temperature, REVERSE, Speed 2, or until the pasta has just cooked.
- Drain the water from the pasta and add the pasta to your ThermoServer and use a pair of tongs to mix through with the sauce. Serve with the remaining parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.
- You can use thickened or pouring cream for this recipe.
- The time it takes to cook the pasta may vary between brands/types.
- You can also use a short pasta for this recipe, the cooking time will vary.
- If you prefer, you can cook the pasta on the stove while the sauce is cooking in your Thermomix.