Our Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Pie makes a great family meal - plus it's freezer friendly too.
If you (and the kids!) like our Thermomix Spinach and Ricotta Rolls, then you are going to LOVE this easy Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Pie! This Spinach and Cheese Pie is really simple to put together (please don't be put off by the list of ingredients) and the result is a delicious, cheesy and creamy pie that make a great easy midweek meal.
The trickiest bit when making this Spinach and Cheese Pie probably is transferring the sheets of filo pastry from your bench to your baking dish as it can be delicate. If you put your filo pastry together before getting your baking dish ready, I suggest covering it with a tea towel to help stop it from drying out. You can also play around with the quantities of cheese in this recipe if you like, I've also made this using an extra 50 grams of parmesan cheese and we've also added some cooked bacon pieces to it before - soooo good!!
If you are looking for more easy Thermomix dinner recipes, make sure you check out our Thermomix Chow Mein and Thermomix Pasta Bake recipes. You can also find more Thermomix dinner recipes in our 'Month of Thermomix Dinners' eBook.
Thermomix Spinach and Cheese Pie
- 8 sheets Filo Pastry
- 50 grams butter melted
- 200 grams feta cheese
- 200 grams baby spinach leaves
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 grams olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams parmesan cheese
- 90 grams tasty cheese
- 300 grams sour cream
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan-forced.
- Place the parmesan and tasty cheese (cut into 4cm cubes) into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 8 seconds, speed 7 to grate. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- In a clean Thermomix bowl, add the onion (cut in half), garlic and olive oil and mix for 4 seconds, speed 6 to grate. Cook for 3 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the feta, eggs, sour cream, grated cheeses, nutmeg, a pinch of salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds, speed 4.
- Add the baby spinach leaves and mix for 10 seconds, speed 3 on REVERSE to combine.
- Place a piece of the filo pastry onto your bench and brush it with a little melted butter. Top it with another sheet of filo pastry and again brush this with the melted butter. Repeat until you have used all of the sheets of pastry.
- Carefully transfer the pastry into a 20cm square baking dish and cut away any excess pastry which is hanging over the sides.
- Pour the filling into the dish and gently smooth the surface. Place the spinach and Cheese Pie into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden.