Our Thermomix French Onion Dip recipe is made with just FOUR ingredients and requires less than 15 minutes of preparation time. This smooth and creamy dip is the ultimate snack and is also perfect for entertaining.
Our easy French Onion Dip recipe is perfect to enjoy with your favourite platter sides including crackers, vegetable sticks or even with pieces of toasted breadstick.
You will love:
Quick to prepare - this French Onion Dip can be prepared in under 15 minutes.
Make ahead - when stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this dip can be made up to four days ahead of time.
Budget friendly - made with simple ingredients, this recipe will serve up to 8 people as part of a platter.
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients and the method in the recipe card below.
Cream Cheese - we recommend using regular cream cheese, not a reduced fat variety for this recipe.
Brown Onions - you will need two large onions.
Butter - we use unsalted butter for this recipe.
Vegetable Stock Powder - we recommend using Vegata Stock Powder, however you can use any brand.
How to Make French Onion Dip in a Thermomix
Step 1. Peel the onions and cut in half. Place them into a Thermomix bowl and blitz until grated.
Step 2. Add the butter and cook.
Step 3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Step 4. Transfer to a serving bowl and either serve immediately or place into the fridge to cool/store if you prefer.
Recipe Hints and Tips
You will need two large brown onions for this recipe.
Ensure the onions are completely cooked, as undercooked onions will result in the dip being bitter.
We recommend using cream cheese which has softened slightly will assist it to combine well with the other ingredients.
Enjoy your dip while it is still warm or place in the fridge to chill before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. We do not recommend freezing this dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, cream cheese helps dips and sauces to have a thicker consistency.
French Onion Dip is not suitable for freezing.
Vegetable sticks including carrot, celery and capsicum.
Mini toasts and pieces of bread stick
You may also enjoy these recipes:
- Thermomix Sweet Chilli Dip
- Cheesy Thermomix Crackers
- Thermomix Creamy Avocado Dip
- The Best Thermomix Dip Recipes
Looking for even more?
You can find more delicious and easy Thermomix recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the range here.
Thermomix French Onion Dip Recipe
- 1 x Thermomix
- 1 x Serving Bowl
- 200 grams brown onion
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder see notes
- Peel the onions and slice in half. Place into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 6 seconds, speed 6 to grate.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the butter. Cook for 11 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
- Allow the onion mixture to cool for 5 minutes (remove the Thermomix lid) before adding the cream cheese and vegetable stock. Mix for 20 seconds, speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4 or until combined.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl.