This Thermomix Roasted Capsicum & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip is always a hit! It really is the perfect addition to any cheese platter - simply serve with crackers and vegetable sticks. Mmmm... yum!
The other day I was in the supermarket and couldn't get over the cost of the 'gourmet-style' dips... and for such a teeny-tiny amount. And so I grabbed a few basic ingredients, headed home and made my own version. Not only was it cheaper than buying the dip, it also made about 5 times the amount. Gotta love that!
This Thermomix Roasted Capsicum & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip is super easy to make. The only time consuming bit is roasting the capsicum in the oven (but I usually try and do this while I've got the oven on cooking dinner anyway). If you're pressed for time, you can of course use store-bought roasted capsicums.
Then it's simply a matter of popping all of the ingredients into the Thermomix, mixing them altogether, and then sitting down with a nice glass of wine, some crackers and cheese. Bliss!!
- 1 clove garlic , small
- 400 g can chickpeas , drained (keep the liquid aside)
- 1 and ½ tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon (approx 30g)
- 1 red capsicum , roasted in the oven, quartered
- 60 g sundried tomatoes
- 20 g olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the garlic clove into the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 6.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the TM bowl.
- Mix for 20 seconds on Speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Mix for a further 20 seconds on Speed 4.
- Check the consistency.
- If you would like it smoother, add a 1-2 tbs of the reserved chickpea liquid and mix for a further 20 seconds on Speed 4.