Today we are sharing with you how to make Buttercream in a Thermomix – it’s so quick and easy!
In my opinion no birthday cake is complete without a thick layer of buttercream smeared all over it – yum! This is my go to buttercream recipe that I’ve been making for years now and it takes a lot of self control to stop myself from licking the bowl when I’m done!
This Thermomix Buttercream recipe makes enough to generously cover one 20cm round cake. If you would like your buttercream to be paler in colour, simply mix it for longer. You can also add a couple of drops of food colouring at step 3 for coloured buttercream.
- 125 g of butter - cubed
- 350 g of pure icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Place the butter and icing sugar into the bowl of your Thermomix and mix for 2 minutes on speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 1 minute on speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the vanilla extract and milk before mixing for 1 minute on speed 3.
Do you love Buttercream too?!