There is something about a simple Butter Cake that I just can't resist, so naturally I'm in love with this Thermomix Butter Cake!
When I was growing up my Mum used to make a Butter Cake each year for our birthday and it's a tradition I've continued with my own kids. This Thermomix Butter Cake is my 'go to' recipe when it comes to my kids birthday cakes as it's truly so simple to make and can easily be doubled if I need to make a bigger cake.
While this Thermomix Butter Cake tastes great on it's own, when it's topped with Buttercream it becomes even more delicious and I can never resist eating a piece - ok maybe two!
Thermomix Butter Cake
- 160 g of butter - softened
- 175 g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 250 g of self raising flour
- 125 g of milk
- pinch of salt
- Line the base and grease the sides of a 20cm round cake tin and preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan forced)
- Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides and mix on speed 4 for a further 20 seconds until it's pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs and 100g of the self raising flour and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides and add the remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 or until your mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared cake tin and place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes or until the cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Carefully remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
What's your go to cake recipe for birthday cakes?