Our easy peasy Thermomix White Chocolate Mud Cake is made with simple ingredients and requires less than 10 minutes of preparation time, making this cake PERFECT for your next special occasion!
I've been making this Thermomix White Chocolate Cake recipe for years now, as it really is such a simple yet delicious cake, and it NEVER lasts for long whenever I make it. This is an incredibly easy cake to make conventionally, but using a Thermomix makes it even easier and best of all, it takes just a few minutes to put together.
You will love
Little prep time - this Thermomix White Chocolate Cake is a simple melt and mix cake that takes no time at all to put together.
Perfect for celebrations - top this cake with our white chocolate ganache to turn it into the perfect cake for your next special occasion.
Freezer friendly - this cake can be frozen when it is un-iced.
Versatile - want to save time? You can also top this cake with store bought white chocolate or vanilla frosting.
Please note you will find the full list of recipe ingredients and the cooking method in the recipe card below.
- White Chocolate - we recommend using a good quality chocolate for this recipe.
- Eggs - 70 gram eggs are used.
- Milk - full or skim milk can be used.
- Butter - we use unsalted butter.
- Caster sugar
- Plain Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract - vanilla essence can also be used.
Step 1. Place the butter, milk, caster sugar and white chocolate into your Thermomix bowl and cook until all ingredients have melted and combined.
Step 2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
Step 3. Transfer the mixture to a lined cake tin.
Step 4. Bake until the cake is golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Step 5. Allow the cake to completely cool before topping with white chocolate ganache (recipe below) or store bought frosting.
Recipe Hints and Tips
When making this cake, I like to use a good quality white chocolate, instead of white chocolate melts, as I find it makes the texture and taste of the cake much better.
You can also make this cake using a different size tin; just be aware this will impact on the cooking time, so make sure you keep a close eye on your cake!
Top this cake with white chocolate ganache or store bought frosting. We also like to decorate the top with fresh berries as pictured.
To store, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge. Consume within four days.
This cake can be frozen for up to two months.
We like to use a good quality white chocolate when baking, our favourites include Callebut, Lindt and Cadbury.
Yes, both regular and white chocolate mud cakes can be frozen for up to two months.
You may also enjoy these recipes:
- Thermomix Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix Whole Orange Cake
- Thermomix Tim Tam Cake
- Thermomix Chocolate and Coconut Cake
- Thermomix Pound Cake Recipe
Thermomix White Chocolate Mud Cake
- 1 x 22cm Round Cake Tin
- 185 grams butter
- 330 grams caster sugar
- 260 grams milk
- 200 grams white chocolate broken into squares
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
White Chocolate Ganache
- 350 grams thickened cream
- 450 grams white chocolate
- Line a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper (bottom and sides) and pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Place the butter, caster sugar, milk and white chocolate squares into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, Speed 2 or until the butter and chocolate have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, Speed 4.
- Transfer to your prepared cake tin and place into the oven to bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Carefully remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan.
White Chocolate Ganache
- Add the cream to your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 1.
- Set the timer on your Thermomix to six minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 and gradually add the white chocolate pieces. Continue to mix until chocolate has melted.
- Transfer the ganache to a bowl or place the Thermomix bowl into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. This will allow the ganache to begin to firm and give a better consistency to top the cake with.
Looking for even more?
You will find more simple and delicious recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the range here.