A simple Thermomix vanilla cake with homemade buttercream icing – the perfect birthday cake (or afternoon tea treat!).
It’s no secret that here at ThermoBliss we LOVE a good cake recipe… and this one is no exception! Our Thermomix Vanilla Cake is an absolute classic. It’s so simple to make and tastes amazing with our buttercream icing (also made in the Thermomix, of course!).
Best of all, the cake made from basic ingredients that you might already have at home – butter, caster sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla extract and self-raising flour. Plus the buttercream takes just a minute or two to whip up and is made from butter, icing sugar, milk, vanilla extract and a drop of food colouring (optional). This really is such a simple and classic cake recipe.
If you notice that your cake is browning too quickly while baking, simply pop a loose sheet of foil over the top and continue cooking. The cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
This cake is a great all-rounder. It can be used for birthday cakes, lunch boxes, morning/afternoon tea treats, cake stalls… anything! It can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 2 months (but I promise it will be eaten well before then!!).
And in case you need some more delicious Thermomix cake recipes in your life (of course you do!), check out our Top 10 Thermomix Birthday Cake recipes…
Thermomix Vanilla Cake
For the vanilla cake
- 200 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour
For the buttercream
- 185 g butter room temp
- 300 g icing sugar mixture
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop pink food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a round 20cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar into the Thermomix bowl and and mix for 15 seconds, Speed 5.=
- Add the eggs, salt, vanilla extract and self-raising flour and mix for 15 seconds, Speed 5. Scrape down sides ofthe bowl, and mix for a further 10 seconds, Speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tested with a skewer.
- Allow to cool in the tray for 15 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, place the icing sugar into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 9.
- Add the butter, milk, vanilla extract and food colouring to the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 4.
- Spread the buttercream frosting over the cooled cake and serve.