Everyone needs a really easy, basic vanilla cupcake recipe in their life! Whether you’re baking a batch of cupcakes for a birthday party, filling up lunch boxes or organising a special morning tea, you need this recipe!!
You know how I said these Thermomix vanilla cupcakes were really simple? Well here’s the proof! These delicious little things take less than a minute to make in the Thermomix. Yep, seriously!! You just cream the butter and sugar together, add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Easy peasy.
Pop the cupcakes into the oven and in no time at all you’ll have the most delicious little bites. Yum!
Simple Thermomix Vanilla Cupcakes
- 200 g unsalted butter , softened
- 200 g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 200 g self raising flour
- I X quantity Thermomix Natural Strawberry Frosting - optional (click here for the recipe)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Place sugar and butter into the TM bowl and and mix for 15 seconds, Speed 5.
- Add the eggs, salt, vanilla extract and self-raising flour and mix for 15 seconds, Speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then mix for a further 10 seconds, Speed 5.
- Place the cupcake mixture into the cupcake cases - filling them to 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden and when they spring back when touched in the centre.
- Leave cupcakes in the baking trays for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice with a basic buttercream frosting or our Thermomix Natural Strawberry Frosting.
- Spread icing over cooled cupcakes.