I'm sure by now you've realised that I'm a big fan of Thermomix 'nice-cream'. If you haven't yet tried our Mocha, Choc/Peanut and Choc/Berry versions, then you really, really MUST! They're the yummiest things ever and taste just like dessert... except you can eat them at breakfast too.
Anyway, today I have a recipe for you that's a little bit similar, just as delicious and super good for you! It's my favourite Healthy Thermomix Acai Bowl. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love acai bowls. I love that they're really versatile and you can add any toppings you like.
I generally like to add a combination of fresh berries and coconut, but you can go as crazy as you like. You can also buy acai powder from any supermarket or healthy food shop. It's a bit pricey, but one bag lasts for ages!
- 2 tablespoons acai powder
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 200 g coconut water (or alternatively you can use almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Optional toppings:
- - fresh berries
- - sliced banana
- - chia seeds
- - coconut flakes
- - goji berries
- - honey
- - fresh cut fruit (pineapple, mango etc)
- - muesli
- Place all ingredients (except for toppings) into the TM bowl.
- Blend on Speed 8 for 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 30 seconds (using the spatula to help).
- Serve immediately.
- *Add more or less coconut water depending on whether you want your acai bowl to be more like a smoothie or a sorbet.
- Top with your chosen toppings.
Can I use the pure acia instead of the powder because I couldn’t find the powder anywhere. And the pure acia is frozen so ya
Hi Tasia, yes that should be fine!
Could I use regular milk or just plain water instead of coconut water or almond milk?
Hi there, I personally haven't used regular milk in this recipe, but I'd love to hear how it goes if you do try it!
Would this recipe still work in the thermomix if I halved it?
That should be fine!