Our Thermomix Spinach Cob Loaf recipe is made using just SIX ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. You can make the creamy spinach dip filling a day or two in advance and then simply add to your cob loaf when it's time to heat up and enjoy.
Making a cob loaf in your Thermomix couldn't be easier - or more delicious! This classic cob loaf recipe is always popular with my friends and family - it's also perfect for your next special occasion.
Why you will love this recipe:
This Spinach Cob Loaf is made with just SIX ingredients!
Easy to put together: It takes less than 15 minutes to put this creamy spinach dip recipe together and then all you need to do is pop it into the oven to cook.
Versatile - Don't have any mozzarella cheese? You can use a mixture of tasty cheese, cheddar cheese and you can even add some parmesan cheese to give your cob loaf a little extra bite.
Make ahead - the dip can be prepared a day or two in advance and stored in the fridge until needed.
To make this Thermomix Spinach Cob Loaf, you will need:
Spinach - we like to use baby spinach leaves however you can also use frozen spinach.
French Onion Soup Mix
How to make Spinach Cob Loaf Dip in your Thermomix:
Step 1. Cut a round hole on top of your cob loaf and remove the bread from the inside. Set aside until needed.
Step 2. Cut the mozzarella cheese into 3cm pieces and mix until grated.
Step 3. Add the cream cheese and mix until combined.
Step 3. Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and add the sour cream and French onion soup mix. Mix to combine.
Step 4. Add the spinach and use your spatula to mix through.
Step 5. Transfer the spinach dip to the hollowed out cob loaf and place the 'lid' on top.
Step 6. Cover with foil and bake.
Step 7. Remove the foil and the 'lid' before adding the extra bread pieces and bake until golden.
Tips for making the BEST Thermomix Cob Loaf!
Cut the mozzarella cheese into 3-4cm pieces before grating.
Either fresh or frozen spinach leaves can be used.. If using frozen, just make sure to squeeze any liquid out of the leaves prior to adding to the dip.
The baby spinach leaves can be added whole or roughly chopped if you prefer.
It is best to use the spatula to stir the spinach through.
The spinach dip can be prepared up to two days in advance and stored in the fridge until needed.
To speed up the cooking time, warm the dip in the microwave prior to adding to the cob loaf.
This recipe is best enjoyed straight from the oven. Leftover cob loaf can be stored in the fridge and heated up to enjoy within two days.
Frequently Asked Questions
We like to enjoy this Spinach Cob Loaf with bread pieces, veggie sticks and crackers.
Either fresh or frozen spinach can be used to make this spinach cob loaf. We do recommend squeezing out the excess liquid if using frozen spinach.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes:
- Bacon and Cheese Cob Loaf
- Thermomix Sausage Rolls
- Chocolate Ripple Cake
- Thermomix Mars Bar Cheesecake Recipe
- Spinach and Cheese Rolls
- Veggie Packed Thermomix Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
Thermomix Spinach Cob Loaf
- Baking Tray
- 1 cob loaf
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- 300 grams sour cream
- 250 grams cream cheese – softened
- 1 pack french onion soup
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- Line a tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Cut a circle on top of your Cobb Loaf and carefully remove the ‘lid’. Scoop out the soft bread inside the Cobb Loaf and set aside.
- Place the mozzarella cheese into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 9 to grate.
- Add the softened cream cheese and mix for 15 seconds, speed 4 to combine.
- Add the sour cream, french onion soup mixture, along with salt and pepper into your Thermomix bowl and combine for 20 seconds on speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 3 or until all ingredients have combined.
- Add the baby spinach leaves and use a spatula to combine.
- Spoon the dip mixture into the Cob Loaf and put the lid back on. Cover the top of the Cobb Loaf with foil and place it onto the prepared baking tray and into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and add the bread pieces to the tray. Bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes or until the bread pieces turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for even more?
You can find more simple and delicious Thermomix recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the range here.