It really couldn't be easier to make your own Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls in the Thermomix!
You can stop buying Cheesymite Scrolls from Baker's Delight now that you have this recipe! These scrolls are super simple to make and best of all you probably have the ingredients already in the pantry to make them.
- Self Raising Flour
As these scrolls don't contain any yeast, it makes them a quick recipe to whip up to enjoy for afternoon tea or to pop straight into the freezer.
Commonly Asked Questions:
How do I make Scrolls in the Thermomix?
- Combine the dough ingredients in your Thermomix,
- Knead until a smooth dough forms,
- Turn the dough out onto your bench top and roll into a rectangle,
- Spread the Vegemite and sprinkle the cheese over the top,
- Roll to enclose the fillings,
- Slice into pieces and sprinkle with a little more cheese,
- Bake until golden.
How long can these Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls be stored for?
You can store these Scrolls at room temperature in an airtight container for up to four days.
Is this recipe freezer friendly?
Yes, it sure is! These scrolls can be frozen for up to three months. I usually store them in either a freezer safe container or zip lock bag in my freezer. I also put frozen scrolls straight into the boys' lunchboxes and they are perfectly thawed by morning tea.
What other Scroll Fillings can I use?
It's really up to you and your imagination! Some of our other favourite scroll fillings are recipes are:
- Hawaiian Pizza Scrolls
- Pesto and Cheese Scrolls
- Apple and Cinnamon Scrolls
- Blueberry Scrolls
- Cinnamon Scrolls
- Ham, Cheese & Mayo Scrolls
Thermomix Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Baking Tray
- 300 grams self raising flour
- 90 grams butter
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- 170 grams milk
- ¼ cup Vegemite at room temperature
- 150 grams Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on Speed 4 to combine.
- Select the Kneading Function and mix for 2 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread the Vegemite over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges. Sprinkle the cheese - reserve approximately ¼ cup of cheese.
- Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Make sure that your Vegemite is at room temperature before trying to spread it across the dough. If it’s too cold it will be difficult to spread smoothly and you may get holes in your dough.
- I use Tasty Cheese when making this recipe, however you can also use Cheddar, Mozzarella – or a combination of both!
- If you make your scrolls smaller/larger than specified in the recipe, the cooking time will vary.