Our Thermomix Apple and Cinnamon Scrolls with Yoghurt Dough make a great breakfast treat or lunchbox snack for the whole family!
I love making scrolls for our family using this amazing 2 ingredient yoghurt dough recipe, it's such a simple recipe and you can turn it into SO MANY yummy things!! As you may have gathered thanks to my other Apple and Cinnamon recipes, it's one of my favourite ingredient combinations so it's no surprise that I LOVE these Thermomix Apple and Cinnamon Scrolls wth Yoghurt Dough!
This recipe takes no time at all to make, and as the scroll dough doesn't contain any yeast, you save a bunch of time by not having to let the dough rest. If you are making this recipe in a warmer climate, I'd suggest popping the rolled dough into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes or so, as this will help you cut the scrolls into neat pieces.
Once baked, these Apple and Cinnamon Scrolls are freezer friendly, making them perfect to make ahead of time and then pull out for an easy snack whenever you need them. Also while it isn't necessary, you can make these scrolls extra special by topping them with a simple vanilla icing (combine 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with 1 ½ cups of icing sugar mixture and enough hot water to achieve a runny consistency) while warm - if you choose to do this you certainly won't regret it!!
Thermomix Apple and Cinnamon Scrolls with Yoghurt Dough
- 280 grams Greek Yoghurt
- 300 grams self raising flour plus extra for your bench
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 apples peeled and chopped into pieces no bigger than 1 cm
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the greek yoghurt and self raising flour into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4 to combine.
- Select the 'kneading' function and mix for 3 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto your bench or Thermomat and lightly bring it together into a ball.
- Roll it out until it measure a large rectangle, approximately 45cm x 30 cm and cover with the softened butter
- Sprinkle the apple pieces over the top of the dough before sprinkling the cinnamon over the top of them. Roll the dough (from the long side) and cut into 12 equal pieces
- Place onto a baking tray and cook for approximately 20 minutes in a 180 degree oven until the scrolls are golden and cooked through.
For more great lunchbox recipes, make sure you get your copy of our Thermomix Lunch Box Snacks Book!