Our Thermomix Healthy Apricot Balls are the perfect lunchbox snack - made from apricots, coconut, rolled oats, chia seeds, coconut oil and rice malt syrup... ready in just 5 minutes!
If you're looking for a recipe that's:
- perfect for lunch boxes
.... then that's exactly what our Thermomix Healthy Apricot Balls are!
Why You're Going To Love This Recipe
- Quick & Easy - ready in just 5 minutes!! This is the EASIEST Thermomix Healthy Apricot Balls you'll ever make!
- Freezer-Friendly - freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. The balls will only take a few minutes to defrost.
- Loved By Kids - these Thermomix Healthy Apricot Balls are an all-time favourite with the kids! Whether it's for breakfast, after school snacks or a lunch box treat... they're always a hit!
- One Bowl Recipe - the Thermomix does EVERYTHING for you! It will chop the apricots and combine the mixture for you.
What You Need
Just a handful of basic ingredients!
- Dried Apricots - these can be purchased from the dried fruits aisle of the supermarket
- Oats - choose regular old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats
- Coconut - choose fine desiccated coconut
- Chia Seeds - either white or black chia seeds can be used
- Coconut Oil - melted
- Rice Malt Syrup - or honey
Step By Step Instructions
It's SO easy to make Thermomix Healthy Apricot Balls!
Please scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for ingredient quantities and the full detailed method.
Step 1 - Chop The Apricots
Place the dried apricots into the Thermomix bowl and chop finely.
Step 2 - Combine The Remaining Ingredients
Add the remaining ingredients to the Thermomix bowl. Mix to combine.
Step 3 - Roll Into Balls
Roll the mixture into balls and store in the fridge until needed.
If the mixture is too crumbly - add a little more honey/rice malt syrup and mix again.
If you don't have a Thermomix, you can use a blender or food processor.
Oats - use rolled oats or quick oats.
Storing - Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezing - freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. The balls will only take a few minutes to defrost.
Yes! They are completely nut-free, which makes them an excellent option for lunchboxes.
Absolutely! You can use a food processor or blender instead.
This recipe makes 16 apricot balls.
Love a healthy snack? We do too!
Here's a few more of our favourite snack recipes:
THERMOMIX RECIPE COOKBOOKS
Browse our collection of printed Thermomix cookbooks including our value bundles!
Thermomix Apricot Balls
- 190 g dried apricots
- 70 g rolled oats
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs coconut oil melted
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup or honey
- Chop the dried apricots for 5 seconds, Speed 8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix together for 10 seconds, Speed 6.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
Easy to make. I added vanilla protein and a little water and rolled in coconut. Yum
Chris Dent says
I LOVE these luscious little balls. So easy to make and very yummy.
Today I made a batch for my daughter and her children. As I have a bruised and battered hand (from a fall!!) I rolled them into balls while wearing non odour plastic gloves. It was brilliant so I'll be doing that in future.
Thanks so much.
Hi Chris, that's so fantastic to hear! I can imagine they were very grateful!
Great healthy treat the kids love to make and easy to do.