If you are looking for a special breakfast treat to make this weekend, these Thermomix Blueberry Scrolls are for you!
This recipe is based on my yeast free Thermomix Cinnamon Scroll recipe, and while I didn't think it could get any better, the addition of yummy blueberries to these scrolls turns this recipe into something pretty amazing!
I like to decorate these scrolls with a yummy vanilla icing, however they are perfect served on their own (especially when fresh from the oven) and they also make a great lunchbox treat for the kids.
Thermomix Blueberry Scrolls
- 300 g self raising flour
- 90 g butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ Cup milk
For The Filling
- 50 g butter softened
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups blueberries frozen or fresh
For The Icing
- 150 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Use the kneading function to knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter all over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
- Combine the caster sugar and cinnamon before sprinkling over the top of the butter and add the blueberries.
- Starting at the long side, carefully roll the dough until enclosed and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Cut into 12 slices which are approximately 2cm thick.
- Place the blueberry scrolls onto a baking tray and make sure to leave enough room for the scrolls to rise.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Let the scrolls cool on the tray for five minutes while you make the Vanilla Icing by combining the icing sugar, boiling water and vanilla extract.
- Pour the Vanilla icing over the top of the Blueberry Scrolls before letting them cool for a further five minutes.
What's your favourite sweet scroll recipe to make in your Thermomix?