If you are looking for a special breakfast treat to make this weekend, these Thermomix Blueberry Scrolls are for you!
This recipe is based on my yeast free Thermomix Cinnamon Scroll recipe, and while I didn't think it could get any better, the addition of yummy blueberries to these scrolls turns this recipe into something pretty amazing!
I like to decorate these scrolls with a yummy vanilla icing, however they are perfect served on their own (especially when fresh from the oven) and they also make a great lunchbox treat for the kids.
- 300 g of self raising flour
- 90 g of butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ⅔ Cup of milk
- For the filling
- 50 g of butter - softened
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 30 g of caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups of blueberries - frozen or fresh
- For the icing
- 150 g of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Use the kneading function to knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter all over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
- Combine the caster sugar and cinnamon before sprinkling over the top of the butter and add the blueberries.
- Starting at the long side, carefully roll the dough until enclosed and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Cut into 12 slices which are approximately 2cm thick.
- Place the blueberry scrolls onto a baking tray and make sure to leave enough room for the scrolls to rise.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Let the scrolls cool on the tray for five minutes while you make the Vanilla Icing by combining the icing sugar, boiling water and vanilla extract.
- Pour the Vanilla icing over the top of the Blueberry Scrolls before letting them cool for a further five minutes.
Tried this Recipe? Share it Today!Mention @Thermobliss or tag #Thermobliss!
What's your favourite sweet scroll recipe to make in your Thermomix?
Really delicious! We all loved them ❤️
Are these scrolls texture cakey or short crust pastry like?
Lauren Matheson says
Hi Jennifer, they are more cakey xx
Hi, are these scrolls freezer friendly??
Lauren Matheson says
They sure are!