A deliciously healthy Thermomix Tomato Soup recipe based on the original Jamie Oliver recipe… but converted to the Thermomix!
Now that the cooler weather has well and truly rolled around, it’s time for us to bring you ALL of our favourite Thermomix soup recipes… and this Thermomix tomato soup is right up there!
It’s based on this original recipe by Jamie Oliver with a few little tweaks – and of course, converted to the Thermomix! This recipe will take you just 10 minutes to prepare and 32 minutes to cook… which means that dinner will be on the table in less than 45 minutes. Whoop whoop!
Two important things to note when cooking our Thermomix Tomato soup are:
- do not at any stage allow the ingredients to exceed the max line (remember that TM31 bowls are smaller than TM5 bowls, so you’ll need to be extra mindful with the smaller bowl). Add your tinned and fresh tomatoes before the water and if you think it’s getting close to the max line, only add enough water to keep it below the line – it doesn’t matter if it’s less than 400g
- when pureeing the soup, allow it to cool slightly and then very slowly increase to Speed 6. If the Thermomix starts to shake or splatter, turn it right down and increase the speed even more slowly
And while we’re chatting all things soup… don’t forget to check out our favourite Thermomix soup recipes!
Thermomix Tomato Soup
- 180 g brown onion
- 230 g carrot, roughly chopped
- 80 g celery, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400 g water
- 800 g tinned tomatoes
- 400 g fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- fresh basil, to serve
- Place the roughly chopped onion, carrot and celery into the Thermomix bowl. Chop on Speed 6, 5 seconds.
- Add the minced garlic and olive oil and saute for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 3 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2.
- Add the chicken stock powder, sugar, water tinned tomatoes and fresh tomatoes and cook for 25 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 1 (see notes).
- Allow to cool and then mix until smooth by very slowly increasing to Speed 6 (see notes).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with fresh basil.