Our Thermomix Chunky Minestrone Soup recipe is the perfect comfort food recipe!
Our Chunky Minestrone Soup recipe couldn't be easier to make in your Thermomix. It take less than 45 minutes from start to finish and you will end up with enough soup to feel 4 - 6 adults - depending on their appetites of course 😉
This soup is REALLY filling thanks to the inclusion of ALL the veggies and also by using tomato passata. If you were wanting to make this recipe go further (or only have a tin of crushed tomatoes in your pantry) you can certainly add more water to the recipe - just make sure you don't exceed the maximum capacity line on your Thermomix!
Tips for Making the BEST Chunky Minestrone Soup:
- You can make this soup a day or two in advance, simply store it in the fridge in an airtight container.
- To make this soup not as thick, you can add extra water at step 4. Please ensure you don't exceed the maximum capacity level of your Thermomix.
- You can use tinned crushed tomatoes in this recipe if you prefer.
- The vegetables in this recipe can be substituted or omitted.
- You can use either fresh or frozen beans.
- This soup is freezer friendly.
Looking for more soup recipes? You can find all of our favourite Thermomix Soup Recipes here.
Thermomix Chunky Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 100 grams zucchini cut into 4cm pieces
- 120 grams carrot cut into 4cm pieces
- 80 grams celery cut into 4cm pieces
- 100 grams sweet potato - peeled cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 rashers short cut bacon roughly cut into 5 cm pieces
- 20 grams olive oil
- 650 grams tomato passata
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 300 grams water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock paste
- 60 grams green beans cut into thirds
- 70 grams macaroni pasta
- 400 gram tin of cannellini beans drained
- Place the zucchini, carrot, celery and sweet potato pieces into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 3 seconds, speed 5. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, add the bacon pieces, brown onion and garlic cloves and mix for 5 seconds, speed 5 to chop.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the olive oil. Cook for 4 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 1 with the measuring cup off.
- Add the chopped vegetables, passata, tomato paste, water, vegetable stock paste and sliced green beans to your Thermomix bowl. Cook for 8 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2 REVERSE with the measuring cup ON.
- Add the pasta and cannellini beans and cook for a further 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2 REVERSE with the measuring cup on.Serve