Looking for the perfect winter comfort food? Our Thermomix Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is for you!!
When I think about classic winter recipes, Chicken Noodle Soup is one of the first recipes which comes to my mind. This recipe has been on high rotation in our house thanks to what feels like a never ending bout of illness which has moved into our house. Not only is this a great meal for my patients, but this Thermomix Chicken Noodle Soup is also really simple to make, which is perfect for when I’m not feeling the best either.
In this version I’ve used corn, celery and carrots for the veggie content, however you can use whatever veggies you have in your fridge and freezer, personally we love zucchini and sweet potato. This is also quite a thick hearty soup, so if you prefer a ‘thinner’ soup, simply omit the cornflour and you can even add an extra 200g of water if you like.
Thermomix Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1000 grams water
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock from the basics book
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 brown onion
- 20 grams olive oil
- 400 grams chicken breast cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 gram tin of corn kernels
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 80 grams spaghetti broken into 3 - 4cm pieces
- Place the chicken (which has been cut into cubes), 1000g of water and the vegetable stock into your Thermomix bowl. Cook for 12 minutes on Varoma, speed 2 with the measuring cup in place or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Drain and save the cooking water for use later.
- Blitz the chicken for 3 seconds on speed 4. Transfer to a new bowl and set aside until needed.
- In a clean and dry Thermomix bowl add the garlic clove, onion, carrot and celery (which have both been cut into 3cm pieces) and blitz for 4 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the olive oil and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the reserved cooking water, corn flour and cook for 12 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the reserved shredded chicken, spaghetti (which has been broken into small pieces) and corn kernels and cook for a further 6 minutes, 100 degrees speed 2, reverse. If the spaghetti hasn't quite cooked through, cook for a further 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2, reverse.
- Pour the soup into 4 bowls to serve.
If you love our Chicken Noodle Soup, make sure you check out our Thermomix Vegetable Soup recipe.