Our Thermomix Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese is the perfect side for your next family meal!
Everyone needs a go to mashed potato recipe, and this version with the addition of parmesan cheese is just the best - after all, you can't go wrong when adding cheese right? This recipe makes enough mashed potato for four adults, or in our case two adults and three children with leftovers. If you do have any leftover mash, you may just also want to try these Baked Potato Cakes.
Our Thermomix Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese is a great side for any meal and is also perfect served with family favourites like this Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff, Curried Beef and Vegetables and of course our Chicken Bacon and Leek Pies.
If you would prefer to make classic Mashed Potatoes, you certainly can! Simply leave out the parmesan cheese. You can also use this recipe as a topping for your Shepherd or Cottage Pie.
Tips for How to Make Thermomix Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese
- The time it takes to cook your potatoes can vary depending on the size of the potato pieces.
- Make sure you don't over mix the potatoes as they will end up too thick and 'clag' like.
- Use white pepper to ensure no black specks in your mash.
You can find more family favourites in our Thermomix Family Dinners and Desserts eBook.
Thermomix Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese
- 60 grams parmesan cheese cut into 3cm pieces
- 800 grams potatoes peeled and chopped into quarters
- 150 grams milk
- 50 grams butter
- salt and pepper use white pepper to avoid black 'flakes' in your mash
- Place the parmesan cheese into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 9 to finely grate. Transfer to a new bowl and set aside until needed.
- In a clean bowl, add the potatoes and milk and cook for 18 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
- Check if your potatoes have cooked through, you want them to be soft in the middle. If still a little hard, cook for a further 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the butter to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds, speed 5 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the grated parmesan cheese and the salt and pepper and mix for a further 6 seconds to combine. Check to see if the potatoes have been completely mashed and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 5 if there are still lumps. Serve immediately.
Make sure you don't over mix your potatoes as they will end up too thick and clag like. Use white pepper to ensure no black specks in your mash.